Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-18-2017, 05:37 PM
Noodly

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Help me pick a rail

Please can you guys/girls help me pick which rail would be best suited to fit a scope to my mk2 international.

I've been perusing this site for a week now and each night I come to a different conclusion!!!!

Local (to me) supplier: www.ant-supplies.UK

(I hope it's not frowned upon to post links to websites)
Old 05-18-2017, 05:41 PM
Noodly

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
http://www.ant-supplies.uk/rails-and-adapters/

Link in 1st post didn't work..... hope this one works.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:47 PM
MARTINI SHOOTER
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodly View Post
Please can you guys/girls help me pick which rail would be best suited to fit a scope to my mk2 international.

I've been perusing this site for a week now and each night I come to a different conclusion!!!!

Local (to me) supplier: www.ant-supplies.UK

(I hope it's not frowned upon to post links to websites)
You need the Brownells dovetail blank. Just needs four holes drilled and counterbored to locate in the four holes already in your barrel, presently holding the dovetail blocks that were fitted to take the Unertl type scopes. By far the best way to fit a modern scope to your International and does not interfere with the PH aperture sights if you want to remove the scope and use apertures. Tony

Old 05-19-2017, 04:28 AM
Noodly

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
[/QUOTE]
You need the Brownells dovetail blank. Just needs four holes drilled and counterbored to locate in the four holes already in your barrel, presently holding the dovetail blocks that were fitted to take the Unertl type scopes. By far the best way to fit a modern scope to your International and does not interfere with the PH aperture sights if you want to remove the scope and use apertures. Tony[/QUOTE]

Brownells postage, I have heard, is quite expensive.

Do you have a link to the appropriate brownells rail so I may see if ANT has a similar product.

Many thanks
Old 05-19-2017, 06:29 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (57)
There are recent threads here showing different mounts. I believe Stu makes the nicest and ships internationally all the time.

EGW makes a mount (Winchester 52) that also screws right on but I don't know about their shipping policy...Tom
Old 05-19-2017, 07:19 AM
Yank

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Noodle,
Thanks for posting the Ant link; many interesting mounts and rings. I'd wager that there would be shipping problems for us, though. Wonder if any of those rings would fit a Herter's U9 (BSA Monarch) dovetail?
Y

@thomasconnor, does that EGW 52 rail fit an International without having to drill additional holes?

Last edited by Yank; 05-20-2017 at 12:36 AM.
Old 05-19-2017, 05:05 PM
Noodly

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yank View Post
Noodle,
Thanks for posting the Ant link; many interesting mounts and rings. I'd wager that there would be shipping problems for us, though. Wonder if any of those rings would fit a Herter's U9 (BSA Monarch)
I've been chatting with Ant over the past week.... just waiting on a response to see if he does something along the lines of the brownells blank.
Old 05-19-2017, 05:25 PM
rjinaz86323
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Just got my rails from Brownells today. Very quality product. Now to drill some holes.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:57 PM
MARTINI SHOOTER

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodly View Post
I've been chatting with Ant over the past week.... just waiting on a response to see if he does something along the lines of the brownells blank.
Noodle, if you have no luck over there, I have a Brownells rail blank you can have for the cost of postage. I used to drill and counterbore the holes to the correct spacing but unfortunately had to get rid of my milling machine as I have three ATVs. and a Corvette in the garage and didn't have the space for it anymore. A few of the guys on RFC have my rails fitted and I think they were happy with them. PM me if you need it, Tony. ps, you should be able to find a local machine shop to put the holes in the rail for you.

Last edited by MARTINI SHOOTER; 05-19-2017 at 08:52 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:20 PM
Pardini1961

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I put a BKL cantilever mount on the existing scope block of my MKV. Haven't been to the range yet, but it appears solid.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:41 AM
Noodly

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
There are what looks like a choice of 2 different rails at brownells (both contoured)..... what's the difference between the 2?
Old 05-23-2017, 08:56 AM
Hoot

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
When I did my MK II, I just bought an aluminum rail blank off of Ebay and drilled it. They come usually either in flat or rounded bottom. Something like $15.00 shipped. Anodizing on the one I got was great. Eventually sold my MK II so I can't provide a picture of the end result. If I could have gotten one in blued steel, I would have gone that route instead.

Hoot