Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:06 PM
Bogeydog

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Sent an email to [email protected] a week ago and here is their reply:

Thank you for your email.** All of our rimfire ammunition is loaded for us by another company and they can only reserve a limited amount of machine space for us.** They have been concentrating on loading our 22 WMR and 17HMR ammo.* Just late Fall 2015 they were able to retool a machine to load our SKU#83177 17Mach2 17gr VMax Ammo. They have been keeping the press running.* However, due the high demand it is taking a while to service all the Orders that we have waiting for it.* We suggest if you have not already that you contact your local Dealer or a Mail Order Retail and if possible place a standing Order or a Wish List so you are in line for when they receive a supply.* **
Thank you again.** We appreciate your business.
Hornady Sales Team
Phone 1-800-338-3220

I say keep sending your emails and ask more detailed questions.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:43 PM
22banger
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Reply from Hornady 5/12/2017

Thank you for your email. All of our rimfire ammunition is loaded for us by another company and they can only reserve a limited amount of machine space for us. They have been concentrating on loading our 22 WMR and 17HMR ammo. Just late Fall 2015 they were able to retool a machine to load our SKU#83177 17Mach2 17gr VMax Ammo. They have been keeping the press running and shipping to us regularly. However, due the high demand it is taking a while to service all the Orders that we have waiting for it.
Thank you again. We appreciate your business and understanding.

Hornady Sales Team
Phone 1-800-338-3220

Pretty much the same reply that Bogydog got. It's still listed on Hornadys website so let's hope for good things and keep e-mailing. Haven't heard from Eley or CCI yet.

Last edited by 22banger; 05-13-2017 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:32 PM
fanofde4ever

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Send a message via AIM to fanofde4ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22banger View Post
Thank you for your email. All of our rimfire ammunition is loaded for us by another company and they can only reserve a limited amount of machine space for us. They have been concentrating on loading our 22 WMR and 17HMR ammo. Just late Fall 2015 they were able to retool a machine to load our SKU#83177 17Mach2 17gr VMax Ammo. They have been keeping the press running and shipping to us regularly. However, due the high demand it is taking a while to service all the Orders that we have waiting for it.
Thank you again. We appreciate your business and understanding.

Hornady Sales Team
Phone 1-800-338-3220

Pretty much the same reply that Bogydog got. It's still listed on Hornadys website so let's hope for good things and keep e-mailing. Haven't heard from Eley or CCI yet.
This is actually from a couple days ago. I messaged CCI with a couple questions regarding HM2.

Me- I've got 2 questions really. First is when/if any more 17HM2/MachII ammo was gonna be produced. I know you make it for Hornady as well, and since Eley has ceased production you are the only hope of any more becoming available.

Second question is why did you never load them with 20gr. bullets? The HM2 would make a great squirrel/small game round with the flat trajectory, but the Vmax bullets are just too destructive. Even a head shot can potentially damage meat. The gamepoint or FMJ from the HMR could have really opened up the market to people that hunt small game for meat. I know I'd use them if I didn't end up with half an edible squirrel when they hit the ground.

CCI- We discontinued the CCI 17 Mach II ammunition the beginning on 2014 and have no current plans to bring it back, the only current source for new ammunition will be from Hornady. As for the Hornady ammunition we do make that still and it is made when contracts are made with Hornady to do so.

With that there may have been some issues achieving best velocities with these heavier bullets or issue with pressures that may have caused this never to have been built.

Cody B./Technical Service Rep.
2299 Snake River Ave.
Lewiston, ID 83501
Alliant/Blazer/CCI/Speer
(800)379-1732

Sounds like CCI is claiming Hornady hasn't ordered any more HM2, where as Hornady is claiming CCI hasn't had time to make any.

Old 05-14-2017, 09:33 PM
22banger

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Keep Hammerin on them

Sounds like we need to hammer Hornady to prod them into contracting for more production. They sell all they make, but there must not be enough time or profit for them. I've sent e-mails to all the rimfire makers, only heard back from Hornady this time so far, but gotta keep tryin.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:12 PM
SWUtah

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Sounds like we need to hammer Hornady to prod them into contracting for more production. They sell all they make, but there must not be enough time or profit for them. I've sent e-mails to all the rimfire makers, only heard back from Hornady this time so far, but gotta keep tryin.
It's my understanding that CCI is the limiting factor, not giving Hornady all the production time & components Hornady could use for HM2. Remember that the cases used for HM2 are the same cases used for CCI Stingers, and the v-max bullets are the same ones used for every brand of 17HMR ammo except Winchester. Bigger market for stingers and 17 HMR.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:19 AM
22banger

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Reply from Hornady 5/18/2017

We discontinued the CCI 17 Mach II ammunition the beginning of 2014 and have no current plans to bring it back, the only current source for new ammunition will be from Hornady.

This is the reply I got from CCI. Back to Hornady.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:31 PM
Bogeydog

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Midway appears to be taking backorders. Availability is listed as overdue. So ya think we gotta chance?
Old 05-21-2017, 01:33 PM
armtx

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
We discontinued the CCI 17 Mach II ammunition the beginning of 2014 and have no current plans to bring it back, the only current source for new ammunition will be from Hornady.

This is the reply I got from CCI. Back to Hornady.
As Hornady is the only ammunition company contracting 17Hm2. I send them an email every month, letting them know that I am ready to buy my share of 17Hm2.