Old 03-20-2017, 01:44 PM
Onearm
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB900F View Post
Fella's;

Well, at $2,100.00, or more, I'd have to consider a custom build. Not sure I want to go down that road for what would very much be a niche gun for me. Don't get me wrong, the left hand Hornet itch is one I'd like to scratch, but I do have to be realistic about it also.

I think I'd druther either find one of the elusive Browning LH micro A-Bolts in the caliber or rebarrel a relatively cheap CZ527 lefty I'd find used. Kimber? Who knows, it might be out there.

900F
You could buy two NIB 527 lefties in 223 or 204 and have one of them re-chambered for 22 Hornet for that kind of money. Just saying.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:09 PM
CB900F
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Onearm;

There'd be a bit more to it than just a rebarrel I think. The .223 boltface is about .020" more than that for the Hornet. I'll talk with my smith about cartridge handling & chamber alignment issues, if any, before I go that route. But if I found an inexpensive 527 lefty that's probably the way I'd go.

Gotta admit though I'd rather find an inexpensive gun already chambered for the Hornet. Then the big decision would be to have it reamed for K-Hornet right off the bat, or shoot it first.

900F

Last edited by CB900F; 03-21-2017 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:04 PM
Onearm

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
If you re interested, one of my local gun stores, here in Tacoma, WA (MD Firearms) has a lefty 527 in .223 for sale. I have considered it several times but, with my fading eyesight have difficulty justifyung a new purchase at this time. They have a website. https://www.facebook.com/MDfirearms/

Old 04-22-2017, 12:03 AM
rem33
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Late to the thread.

Browning has discontinued the left hand Hornet, and I have in the last week contacted CZ about having a LH 527 Hornet made.

This was the reply.

Quote:
Sir,

Sorry for the delay. Sorry but the LT hand 22 HNT cannot be completed. We have tried multiple times to build them but we cannot get them to feed correctly. I would simply stick with the left handed 223 in this case.

Thank you for your interest.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:06 AM
CB900F
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well that's a bummer!

900F
Old 04-22-2017, 09:58 PM
Clyle

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB900F View Post
Well that's a bummer!

900F
CB, I have been looking for another LH Hornet A-Bolt to re-barrel into a 17 Hornet. There have been 2 LH Hornets that sold on Gunbroker over the past 2 years. The first one, I ran to $2,000 and got cold feet. It sold for $2,200 or so. A month later another one came on and I was able to buy it for less than $1,000. I am afraid we'll not see many more Browning Hornets be offered for sale.

I investigated having a LH CZ re-barreled to 22 Hornet but it just won't work. In the meantime, I will keep looking for another Browning.