Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Kershaw knives

42K views 124 replies 70 participants last post by  clisbyclark 
#1 ·
What is the general opinion of Kershaw knives here?
I've only got two, the latest is one I just got Monday. It's a model 1550st folder with spring assist opening. It's US made and has a great edge. I picked it up for $15 at a pawn shop.
Overall, I like what I've seen so far. More Kershaws will probably find their way home with me in the future.

#94 ·
I saw a sidebar ad for the aluminum handle Dividend and fell in love with the lines. Ordered and had it a couple of days later. First knife of this kind I've ever had. In seconds it became my EDC knife. The Dividend clips in the pocket and gets out of the way. I forget it's there. Love the assisted opening. Would buy it again.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

#97 ·
Been a knife user since I was a kid. Just got my first Keyshawn a couple of weeks ago. Since then I have bought 4 more...guess I like em.

Fav that I have so far is the Strobe. Bought a second one just in case I lose the first one and ordered one for my brother too. These two are not included in the four mentioned above.

I found kershawguy from this forum, Amazon has better prices on some but Kguy has better on some and some choices Amazon does not have.

Bargains for the price IMO. I will continue to purchase ones that interest me...much less expensive than guns !

#99 ·
My daily carry knife is a BM 3550 auto opener, but my "dress pants/week end" knife is a Kershaw Leek. I have two Leek models and like them very much and recommend them often for occasional. Three things I like about the Leek model are: 1) Very thin profile 2)Pocket clip 3) Ultra-easy cantilever opening.

I work at Ace Hardware and I sell Kershaw (especially Leeks) way more than any other knife we carry, including Benchmade, Case, Buck, CRKT. Buyers who roll their eyes at the cost of Benchmades will usually buy the Kershaw when I show them how easy they open. The only recent complaint I've had about the Leek from a potential customer is "the point will likely break when opening a paint can". I gave him a can opener and he bought the Leek.

#101 ·
Those are pretty ! Nice works sir. :bthumb:

Found a Roughneck Hunter 1010 sheath knife (no sheath) at the AAPK site and an Outlaw Bill 1065 last week. The previous week, found a 5300 tortoise shell lock back, a small EDC gentlemen's knife.

Spring time is Kershaw season, apparently. :)

#104 ·
G&G Hawk

Here is my two - the serrated blade has been my everydayatwork knife for the past 7 or 8 years - great pocket tool and velcro cutter/box opener/cable lock shredder - you get the idea. The smooth edge is a gift from my daughter the other year - I had it in my Amazon favs to keep track of in case I ever lost the original, so, one stays at home in my desk drawer.

I have not seen the serrated blade offered up new anytime in the recent past. The smooth blade one is the new one that resides at home for the time being.

Attachments

#105 ·
Almost got had BAD this weekend . . .

. . . a man was selling a pair of ZT labeled knives. One I already had (ZT 0350, NIB) but the other what was really interested me. ZT narked on left side (but no other markings on other, THAT should have clued me in:banghead3). I mentioned this and the man pulled out his smart phone and showed me the ZT 450 knife which was what he thought it was. The price - $100 even for both. I paid the man and left.

Went home to do a little research, became alarmed when I couldn't find an exact match. Mine had a different handle material and fasteners and a different pocket clip. Finally found it after about 30 minutes of searching - yours for $18 new. :eek:

So I went back to show, the man was still there and he had no problem exchanging the knife for the other knife (I want only happy buyers he said). So I corrected the problem, got another 0350, but at least this one is genuine KAI product. Its very slightly used (the man said it was too heavy for him). An honorable man, I'm pretty sure it wasn't intentional.

A lesson learned.

#107 ·
Found an unusual Kershaw pattern recently I had not heard or read of . . .

. . . the 4425 Wade Officer Trapper. Its called a trapper, but to me, it appears to be more Barlow than Trapper. Stag scales, long stainless bolster, 2 5/9"clip and 2" spey b;adeshinged on same side. Medium size knife, about 3 3/4" closed. Cool knife, one of he DWO Ranch series manufactured in the past. Here is a Worthpoint link to one.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/lot-4425-kershaw-officer-ranch-1622604568

#110 ·
Kershaw made some daggers too back in the day . . .

The 1002 Special Agent (metal handle), the 1009 Sea Hunter (rubber handle) and Game Keeper (stag) are examples of these. :bthumb: The last I think was imported from Germany, Anton Wingem I suspect.

Attachments

#115 ·
Nice pictures folks. Thanks for attaching them for all of us to admire.(y)

Bought an inexpensive Kershaw at Wal-Mart, the 1380 Husker frame lock last week. I like the handle and blade shape. The only glitch is it is rather difficult to 'flip' open. Not sure if pocket clip is pushing too hard on lock or just needs some extra 'oil therapy'. but the knife itself is cool.

Here is the factory link to the knife:

#118 ·
I have carried a Ken Onion designed "Leek" for going on 15 years. Thing was BLAZING sharp when I got it. Only knife that cut me before I even left the store!! :D o_O. It is one of the early all stainless knives.

I also carry a firearm so I try to cut down on the weight of the pair. My Kahr CW9 is one of the lightest 9mms available at 17 oz. They make a great pair. My KelTec P3AT drops combined weight by another 10 oz! Another perfect pair for me.

Years ago as my job was Quality Manager I had to open boxes some days and I carried a couple different of Kershaw small "Gentlemen" styled knives. It was funny as people actually asked me "What knife are you carrying today?" Almost always it was a tiny Kershaw with an occasional Gerber thrown in.

I have a thing about having a good quality knife. Knives were early human's first tools and there seems to be some kind of connection there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.