Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Adding to my Schrade collection .

69K views 329 replies 50 participants last post by  j.r. guerra in s. texas 
#1 ·
Well in a few short days ,I have added to My single Schrade Old Timer340T.

The new additions are : Schrade Old Timer 60T USA NIB with sheath

Schrade Old Timer 152 USA Sharpfinger with sheath

Schrade Uncle Henry Golden Spike153UH Mint in box with sheath.

All 3 are on the way and I sure cant wait .

#87 · (Edited)
A recent purchase from RFC member gene starr

(who incidentally is one heckuva nice guy) found me some more Schrades for my collection. Both of them sorta old, a 7OT (very Buck 110 like on right side), the other a 225H, very similar to the 125OT, except for the scale material.

Thank you again gene. :t

#89 ·
I've been looking around at knives in general, and they all seem to be made in China anymore. If it says USA on the blade on the Schrades, are they made in the USA? I have seen some Puma knives, some were made in Germany and some were parts made in Germany but assembled in China. I don't collect knives (as of yet), but wouldn't mind getting a few to pass on to the grandkids one day. I would rather find some good made in the USA knives to pass on.

#90 ·
If it says USA on the blade on the Schrades, are they made in the USA?
I believe that is the case. USA or Schrade + stamp on blade often determines the knife was made prior to 2004 factory closing of Schrade factory in U.S.A. If you type vintage Schrade in ebay, you often find the older knives for sale there. I agree with you - buying some old U.S. made knives you can pass on to your kids / Grandkids would be a wise course.

Hope this helps.

#91 ·
Bought this Schrade Tough Grip tool a couple of weeks ago. Schrade and the makers of Vice Grip married themselves a handy little multi-tool, joining the 6" needle nose Vice Grip with a knife blade, Phililps and blade screwdrivers, can opener and wood saw in handle. Does not take up more space than the standard tool, and that might come in handy for a pack. Lockable pliers are often needed but seldom found in the woods - this is my 2nd pair of them.

Discontinued years ago, but still often found for sale on ebay. This cost me $25 plus shipping, its nearly unused condition.

#92 ·
Whoo Hooo!

Finally won a Schrade I've been coveting for a while. Schrade 13OT Trailblazer, used condition, no sheath. A user though, not something NIB that you destroy collector's value to it first time you cut with it.

Sweet - its making my weekend. :cool:. Pictures when it comes in, it will be a while. A 14OT Timberline is above a couple of posts - it with clip blade, the 13OT a drop point.

#98 ·
. . . a Ducks Unlimited Edition. Just came in during today's lunch. About 6 1/2" long open, 2 3/4" blade, liner lock.
Hmmmm........... I wonder if I was to take lunch breaks if I could be so lucky? I have LOTS of spare time(seeing how I'm retired now), I could be on lunch break all day, I would be willing to do overtime lunch breaks.:bthumb:

#101 ·
Thanks!

Knives have always been a passion for me, like many outdoors people. I'm blessed to have come across people willing to sell them to me. As for pics - well, words are good, but a photo really helps out a lot. Not wanting to brag - more like wanting to share. There are many people here with collections as good or better than mine.

#102 ·
I found a Schrade lock blade this morning a guy at the coffee shop had. It has SCHRADE+ U S A LTD. stamped on it with wood on the handle. He was asking the guys at the table how to get JB Weld of the blade. His son had used it and mixed the JB up and set it down and couldn't find it for a few days. I was about the 4th one to look at it. One of the guys suggested sandpaper, I spoke up and said that that would ruin it and I had no idea how to get it off:rolleyes:, but jokingly said that I would give him $10. To my surprise, he told me to pay him! It's as tight as new and some minor scratches. I thought I would get the Dremel with a buffing pad to get the JB off, but it not working very well. Any suggestions?

#103 ·
Here is an answer I found on the net.

Q: How can I remove J-B Weld after it is fully cured?
A: When fully cured, J-B Weld can only be removed by grinding or filing it off, or by directly heating the product above the 600 degree maximum temperature threshold.

#105 ·
Schrade 158OT, a fixed guthook sheath knife. Found this on a 'Buy Now' ebay ad, and had to get it. Its a user. Iirc, it was made from 1988 to 2004, replacing the 154OT drop point.

I've noticed quite a few of these little sheath knives have the leather retainer strap cut a bit. This one is no exception a slightly nicked strap is present here as well.

#106 · (Edited)
Hope you don't mind if I add another pic of Schrades to your thread.

I've been a Case man for most of my life, but I do have a couple of Schrade knives that I like having in my collection.

The top two are the twins, the Sharpfinger is a recent addition, and of course the LB-7. The LB-7 is unused and was purchased in 1981.

#107 ·
I dont mind one bit . As I say , we all enjoy seeing what everyone brings here. Please feel free to post up any and all of your knives.

When you guys post up a great new knife ,it makes me eager to go out and see what I can find .We get knife fever around here :bthumb:

#108 ·
Schrade " Littlefinger " Knives

I have two Schrade knives known as " Littlefingers" that I really like.
One is a limited edition "North American Hunting Club" with an etched blade and thick stag scales. The other has plain ivory-colored Delrin scales. This knife was part of the scrimshaw series but this knife has no scrimshaw image on it.

#110 ·
That 13OT came in yesterday . . .

. . . like its 14OT brother, no sheath. I already had ordered a sheath for it though at the AAPK, a D'Holder snap equipped model (a visual clue to which knife is in which sheath). Its a little tight, but should stretch out fine.

Going to have to do another Schrade group photo soon.

#113 ·
17RemFan, most of the Schrades were mined at ebay. I was really happy to win that 13Ot, have lost several bids for that model. Ebay and the AAPK stores mainly, though some private internet sellers have gained a lurker. :) I've also noticed a few decent knives at local pawn dealers, not sure if it is sign of the times, but to me, appears I'm seeing more 'good stuff' rather than the inexpensive Asian fantasy knives I've seen in past.

Ldp4570, that is an excellent collection of Schrades. :bthumb: Thanks for sharing them with the rest of us. I've been looking for a Buzzsaw Trapper (97OT) for quite a while, with little success. I know Taylor makes one now, but I've already seen it - I'm not that impressed with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.