Outstanding Volquartsen Service - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-18-2017, 10:46 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I wish I had not sent my Scorpion to them and had done the work myself. The problem was a locking block that came loose in the frame after five or six magazines of firing on the first outing with the gun. I snugged it up but assumed it would come loose again but scared to over tighten or do anything that might void the warranty so I contacted Volquartsen by email.

To their credit Scott replied over the weekend and it was agreed to send it back. In our emails I explained with all the detail I could muster about every symptom I was having and that I found the loose locking block and snugged so it may not be obvious when inspected but thought it should be properly torqued. This was all explained in our email exchange and with a detailed typed note sent with the gun.

When it was returned and tested at the range and when field stripped the lock up was indeed tight. So tight that there was a sizeable shaving of aluminum in the lock up well of the receiver. The lock up was fine when new and all that was required was proper tightening of the bolt of the locking block.

I called Volquartsen and talked to Ryan who was very cordial and I explained what I was experiencing and that I wished I had done the work myself. He suggested sending some shim material for me to install. I asked what the torque should be on that bolt and he said none in particular just tight so my calibrated torque wrench will be of no use.

I have no problem doing the work but it occurred to me that now I have a "new" gun that has been modified and now I am to add shim to adjust it back to where it was new. I didn't pay for a reworked gun I paid for a new gun without unnecessary work and corrective rework. Yes I am particular with my guns and one of the reasons I bought a Volquartsen over a Ruger.

That was Wednesday and I asked for my money back now I'm waiting til Monday that is when Scott returns. We'll see. This isn't a case of buyers remorse, I really really like the Scorpion it is great to shoot and I have no idea what I would replace it with. I'm hoping Scott offers to send me a new one in it's place but if it were to have any problems I would do everything I could to fix it rather than send it to their repair guy.
Old 02-19-2017, 09:15 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
The use of shim(s) is the ingenuous way Volquartsen mates the upper with the lower and keep them tight. So much better than Ruger, who just often peens the upper to tighten to the lower.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:50 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Scott did contact me and addressed my concerns. He stands behind his product and is willing to do whatever is necessary to please the customer. I made a grave error in judgement by criticizing Volquartsen in a public forum and I hope that anyone who has read these complaints will come back and see my apology. Should I delete them?

I also owe an apology to the OP for stepping on his thread.