Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Tuning up a Rock BR rest.

58K views 134 replies 42 participants last post by  Horsefly 
#1 · (Edited)
***************************************************************************************************************

Thanks to the Photobucket fiasco I've had to break this thread up into 3 parts.
Follow this link http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9126489#post9126489 to the updated thread.

***************************************************************************************************************

#122 · (Edited)
The middle piece needs to be longer!!

Johnny,
Your rest set up needs to have a longer middle piece so your back Delrin piece needs to be about 1 or 2 inches from the buttplate and the forearm needs about the same distances to, about a 1 or 2 inches hanging off the front to. Go back and look at the pic's you posted of Fred Sears set up and see how his rifle is setting on it. Your back part is so close to the pistol grip which I think that's been upsetting your shots!! Take a look at your pic's and you will see it! Look at VBlackwells set up to! Spacing is what you need!
Rambo
(Douglas)

#125 ·
Johnny,
I got a Pappas rest and the rest Vic's got I think is a Gorham design I think which is a lot lighter/smaller than a Pappas rest. If you look you will see Greg, Jason, Richard and Vic is shooting that style rest. I shot off it and it's a Fine rest to!!! If you get a middle piece made longer for that rest it may work!
Rambo
(Douglas)

#131 ·
Anyone else have an issue where the top doesn't sit square with the base? On my Rock BR, the top sits about 5 - 10 degrees off from being square, like the keyway for the course elevation was milled a few degrees off, or the hole for the fine screw was drilled in the wrong location. I looked at how the screw mounts to the top, but there is a key in the mount that fits the keyway, so it's not a simple fix. Any suggestions?

#132 ·
i just installed thrust washers and bearings in my rest. cost me sixteen bucks and it totally changes the rest for the better. Also trimmed off threads on the one bolt that locks the mariners wheel.. huge difference.

here's the stuff.
Johnson Bearing Supply Company (go to their web site)
(2) item 151872694471 Koyo NTA 512 Bearing
(2) item 151889408907 Koyo NTA 512 Washer (2 pc pack)
(1) item 151972284174 Koyo NTA 1625 Bearing
(1) item 151972288307 Koyo NTA 1625 Washer (2 pc pack)

best sixteen bucks i've spent in a long time and made a tremendous difference.
easy change too. solves the windage problem. solves the vertical adjustment problem. do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.