Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

NDS Rear with Tech Site front

890 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  kilyung 
#1 ·
Good Morning - Anybody using this sight combination.. If so how's it working out.. thinking about it for a Plain Jane Carbine... thanks

#5 · (Edited)
I have a Ruger 10/22 TD (should apply to other models) and I'm using a NDS-26 rear and a TSR-200 front sight. As previously noted, the Tech-Sight front A1 style post is too short (even the extended post). If you adjust the post such that the elevation is right, the detent pin can't reach and lock the post in place.

A simple mod that I did was to flip the detent pin upside down so the longer side points up and the shorter side sits in the detent spring. Now I can turn the post high enough while ensuring the post won't turn.

I also had to flip the NDS-26 sight holes. In other words I'm now sighting through the back of the peep hole. I found that the concave surface of the aperture focused glare into my eye - even after I painted it with matte paint. The flat surface (painted matte) now reflects less light into my eye. I also had to shim the windage bolt due to lateral movement.

With these simple changes, I'm very happy with my Nodak rear and Tech-Sight front combo. Really the best of both along with a picatinny rail for my QD red-dot sight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.