Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-17-2017, 08:37 PM
A square 10
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

i will admit ive owned mine for a number of years without fitting it - other things took priority , but my recollection of the sale back then indicated hand fitting was required , this is on my priority list this year , im just making up my mind how to deal with my butstock situation as i have hgreat issues with altering originals and i think i want to add a graco adjustable in lieu of the plastic bits it came with ,
Old 03-17-2017, 10:52 PM
Gibby

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I didn't get any instructions on installation with mine but fitting wasn't to bad. And i made my butt plate for less than $10
Old 03-18-2017, 03:21 AM
ghgs

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWNolan View Post
I bought a stock and some other parts from him on GB. I won't go into details but I'll just say it was a less than pleasant experience.
A friend of mine bought a barrel from a guy on Gun Broker who had lots of new old stock Kimber stuff, apparently he had barrels he had somehow got from Kimber. Said he had worked there at one time. My friend paid him to install it, but when he got it back, he told me it wouldn't shoot and the rounds would stick in the chamber after firing.
I scoped and slugged it for him. The chamber and lead looked terrible, and I found a ring in the barrel midway down.
He sent it back and the guy put another of his barrels on it.
Turns out it was worse than the first one. He could not get it to do better than 2.5 inches at 50 yards [benchrest] with different brands of premium ammo.
I checked that barrel for him.
Slugged very very tight for the first 2 inches then almost no resistance down the barrel with a slight constriction at the muzzle. Also found a mark in the crown. Very clear why it would not shoot.
This left me with the impression that the barrels may have been rejects that Kimber never meant to install, but somehow the seller got his hands on them and is now selling them as new parts.
Not sure that this is the same guy, so buyers be wary.
The seller got nasty, so now the guy has a Kimber with a very bad barrel and is out the money for the barrel and installation fees.