Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-11-2017, 02:35 PM
LeadSpitter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCjim View Post
I have a Ruger 10/22 and want to improve the trigger and with mag extended mag release. I don’t want to break the bank. I just shoot this gun a few times a year. I don’t have the time nor the skill set to install the better “parts” to build my own gun.

I seen this listed on eBay:
“RUGER 10/22 Complete Trigger Guard Assembly extended magazine release NEW OEM”, for $39.00

Anyone ever install one of these?
Are they any good?

I can handle a drop-in unit myself and was going to buy a Ruger drop in but it doesn’t have the extended release.

So, which one is better?
These are what I used and I don't regret it one bit. Trigger breaks like glass with not one lick of creep or over travel. I went with the $73.99 kit at the 1st link below.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...prod23072.aspx

As for a mag release, I went with the blue anodized one down the page. And the reason I recommend this one or this style is I don't have to do anything other then kick my middle finger forward, the mag drops free and I put another one in. Don't have to take my eyes off the target. See the link below for mag releases.

http://www.ontactical.com/ruger-10-22/

Good luck!!!
Old 01-11-2017, 06:23 PM
RCP Phx

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I personally own 7 of the PC adj kits and have installed one in all of my private builds, their great and wouldn't but anything else! With a little love they perform outstanding.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:52 PM
86c
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
BRIMSTONE!

Have two Kidd trigger job kits, HAD a VQ target hammer & PC adj. sear, and ONE Brimstone.

Brimstone,

Bolt release included, 100% reliability, ZERO TINKERING. Very little creep (virtually none if you are not used to the best of the best of the best). Nice smooth, short, 2.5 lb pull.

Perfect for hunting/plinking/field use and more than good enough for casual target shooting from a rest.

Overall, the cheapest Brimstone trigger job is probably the best $ I ever spent on a 10/22.

Did I mention 100% reliability with ZERO TINKERING?

This a target shot with my 50th model DSP from a rest. The only modifications were some bedding tweeks to the stock and a brimstone trigger job. Other than that all factory parts with no other "performance" modifications. They do VERY GOOD work for a VERY affordable price. Most bang for the buck with NO draw backs.

25yard target
SK Rifle Match

Note that target has Brimstone T3 written on it. At the time I was thinking that T1 was highest and T3 was lowest $ job. It was the lowest $ job that was done.

Last edited by 86c; 01-12-2017 at 01:00 PM.

Old 01-15-2017, 11:03 PM
buckweet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86c View Post
BRIMSTONE!

Have two Kidd trigger job kits, HAD a VQ target hammer & PC adj. sear, and ONE Brimstone.

Brimstone,

Bolt release included, 100% reliability, ZERO TINKERING. Very little creep (virtually none if you are not used to the best of the best of the best). Nice smooth, short, 2.5 lb pull.

Perfect for hunting/plinking/field use and more than good enough for casual target shooting from a rest.

Overall, the cheapest Brimstone trigger job is probably the best $ I ever spent on a 10/22.

Did I mention 100% reliability with ZERO TINKERING?

This a target shot with my 50th model DSP from a rest. The only modifications were some bedding tweeks to the stock and a brimstone trigger job. Other than that all factory parts with no other "performance" modifications. They do VERY GOOD work for a VERY affordable price. Most bang for the buck with NO draw backs.

25yard target
SK Rifle Match

Note that target has Brimstone T3 written on it. At the time I was thinking that T1 was highest and T3 was lowest $ job. It was the lowest $ job that was done.

Whoa!!!
That's awesome!!
Leave that puppy alone!!
Those factory Ruger barrels can shoot eh ?
Love mine.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:24 PM
86c
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckweet View Post
Leave that puppy alone!!
I hear ya!

Too bad I didn't listen.

Did not modify barrel tho. Still have it. Going to use again soon on a different rifle.

The point, of course, is that I could not have shot that 1/4" club qualifying-target with the factory trigger and further that the Brimstone trigger is a very good trigger if everything ELSE is good enough to get it done the Brimstone is more than good enough to get it done.

It does also say that if one has everything ELSE going right (including a good trigger) that a GOOD factory barrel can definitely do well.

I agree with everyone that says the best $ investment is the trigger first and other stuff later!