Dissapointed in 57M - Page 7 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:54 AM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
98% (49)

I've owned a number of Coopers,as I felt they had resolved quality and design issues by the time they got to the 57M,plus I'm weak for beautiful rifles.. Remarkable,as my experience with both of my initial purchases,from those supposed "good ole Dan Cooper days" was less than great.Just ok service for one Model 36 and absolutely horrible service with the other one.They simply refused to correct the issue as it should have been properly done,and that rifle racked up a lot of travel miles in it's multiple cross country journeys.Exceptional service can be had from small companies,but the opposite is also true.Once they set their heels,you're done,there is no one else in the chain of command to file an appeal.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:37 AM
Luvthemtorts
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Robin View Post
Just curious as to what the fix is? My JSR ejects fine but will have the ocassional last empty round left sitting on top of the magazine.

Bill

WPS
Bill,
The gentleman below you posted a link to the solution, however I'd like to add that it is as easy it sounds. Drift out the roll pin holding the case retainer in the bolt, make a few swipes with a file to create a beveled edge, smooth with 600-800 grit sandpaper, and reinstall back in the bolt.
It literally takes less than 15 minutes and will have the cases (loaded and spent) ejecting briskly off to the side.
Super easy and satisfying
Old 03-24-2017, 09:16 AM
Travelor
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Send a message via Yahoo to Travelor
I purchased a used Cooper in 204 Ruger. Price was really attractive and came with a Zeiss scope. When I got it, I found why the price was what it was. The chamber was oversized and not centered in the barrel. Truely a manufacturing disaster that was shipped to the original customer. The gun was probably 5-8 years old at the time I bought it.

I called Cooper and explained the problems. the end result was that they replaced the barrel for free, including my shipping costs.

The gun should never have been released to the market with such a badly done barrel, but it it had not I would not have gotten it for the price I paid.

Old 03-25-2017, 03:31 PM
Jdry

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New Cooper Jackson Squirrel Rifle

I just finished sighting in my new JSR 22lr. Don't have enough words to describe how fine this gun shoots. Ridiculously easy to 1 hole 5 shots. Very sweet and crisp trigger right out of the box. Probably in 2 pound range. Beautiful to boot. Been waiting for 3 years to find the right one and its no disappointment. Have shot many other types of 22lr and only Anschutz comes close. But this is better !
Old 03-26-2017, 01:13 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Congrats Jdry on the JSR. Read the sticky about the trigger adjustment. Mine was also at 2 lbs when I bought it. I had the dealer test it before it left the shop. A little of the MolyB powder with a little adjustment has it down to 1 lb. l've let a few shooters at the range try it out, they all come away with a big smile and are amazed with the trigger.

Bill