Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

New pop ups and redirects

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Ricekila 
#1 ·
Started to get a pop up and redirects again.
Just letting someone aware.
Is anyone else having this problem?
A pop up comes up says Congrats you have won $1,000 dollars. Click it off and it redirects to mixregards.com/bigday.Looks like a game site.
I'm using an I-pad with Safari

#11 ·
I posted this in another older click jacking thread;

On iOS devices the most foolproof procedure for a "click jacked" browser is;

1; most importantly, click/tap on NOTHING on the web page displayed
2; quit the browser completely
3; double click the home button to pull up the running apps
4; click on the home window with all your apps *and* Settings
5; click "settings" and go to Wi-Fi, turn it off, go to Cellular, turn it off too

At this point, all wireless connectivity is off, the device cannot connect to the Internet or remote servers in any way, this is good, we want this, the reason why is because Safari generally remembers the last website you were on, and helpfully saves it when you quit, so when you relaunch the app, it'll load right up where you left off, normally this is a nice convenience, but remember, the *last* page that was loaded was the click jacker page, if you relaunched safari with wireless on, it'd just reload the click jacker page

But now, Safari won't be able to load *ANYTHING* (which is what we want right now) so it'll attempt to load that page, be unable to reach the scumbags, and then throw up an error message about being unable to load that page, clear the error box, you'll probably find that the scambagger' page has opened a seperate tab, simply close that tab, or go back one page (the page might display if the information is still in the iOS devices memory, but no links will work due to the no connectivity thing)

Just to be safe, after you've closed the scambucketer' page, quit the browser one more time and relaunch just to see what page attempts to load, if it's the page previous to the scamjacking, then you're good, if not, if it's still the scambucketers page, then you'll need to reset safari, that'll nuke your cookies and stored passwords, but it'll also kill the scammers page (if only it killed the actual scammers as well, about the only legitimate use of high yield thermonuclear devices anymore, vaporizing scammers and identity thieves, I think...)

Anyway, back on track

So, if reloading safari takes you back to the un compromised page, you can now go back and re-enable your wireless comms (WiFi and Cellular), and just avoid clicking the link that opened the scammer page

This also works for those horrid links that open your devices App Store without your permission, usually to foist some stupid "freemium" game at you

Just remember the first rule, you do not talk about fight clu....err, no, you treat every firearm like its load....err wrong in this instance, the first rule after you're click jacked is click *nothing* on the page, and quit the browser.

Of course, the best solution to prevent click jacking on RFC is to simply ban *ALL* ads, but then again, I'm the person who just recommended liberal bombardment of advertisers with high yield nukes, so I might be *slightly* biased against ads here.... ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.