Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Not sure if it fits here.

427 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  DrGunner 
#1 ·
Short story. Had issues with a new tuner. Two allen head screws that secure the "clamp" portion of the tuner to the barrel. Installed the tuner and after a bit, tried to remove it to do more work on the build. One screw came loose real easy. The other was tight enough that the allen socket stripped out. Wasn't sure what exactly what to do. Send it back to the maker or try drilling out the socket head?
"center 22 (John) suggested I tap it with a hardwood block then try a torx bit in the socket head. Hardwood block and a slight tap with a hammer, worked as planned. Not a mark on either the tuner or barrel. Torx but in the socket, one tap and a little twist and it came right out.
center 22 went out of his way to send me a couple allen head screws to fit the tuner. Got them in the mail today.:D
center 22 doesn't know me from the man in the moon BUT, he went out of his way to help a total stranger. My kind on Man. Thank you John, Mike.
I owe him big time.:bthumb:

#3 ·
I'd say it fits just fine, but the rimfire community forum might be even better next time you want to share a story because it will reach more people there...

My hats off to John and to you for taking the time to thank him.

RFC is great because this community helps its members with random acts of kindness rendered unto complete strangers all the time.

I'm proud to be a part of it every time I read something like this.

:bthumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.