Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Calfee book and book on scope repair

10K views 83 replies 17 participants last post by  sandkicker 
#1 ·
I have "The Art of Rimfire Accuracy" by Bill Calfee and a book on scope repair (forget the author's name). I'll send them both off to whomever wants them as long as they get passed around. The Calfee book is fairly expensive and is always a special order item. Once you read it, you'll have everything you need out of it.

Use my email address since I have trouble with PM's here for some reason. Send me an address and I'll ship them out.

aslapATcomcastDOTcom.

Read them and pass them around!

Tony

#35 ·
Which way is up?

kytim,

Per the previously published list, you are the next receiver (yeah, bad pun) of these books, and I assume that is still a valid list (have not heard otherwise).
Please PM me your address and I will get 'em in the mail.

Or aslap (if they go elsewhere), let me know where to ship them. I have been trying emails and PMs and am not getting any other info.

And THANK YOU again for circulating these books so we can all learn from them.

#37 · (Edited)
kytim,

Per the previously published list, you are the next receiver (yeah, bad pun) of these books, and I assume that is still a valid list (have not heard otherwise).
Please PM me your address and I will get 'em in the mail.

Or aslap (if they go elsewhere), let me know where to ship them. I have been trying emails and PMs and am not getting any other info.

And THANK YOU again for circulating these books so we can all learn from them.
Dave,...kytim hasn't been on here since '8/2016',..So 'Scottycoyote' would Be Next in line,[AFAIK];..Then comes This 'ole Geezer'!!! I'll Pm U My info just in case! Tnks!!:t

#38 ·
OK---

Scott Coyote, unless I hear from kytim quickly, looks like you're up next

PM me a mailing address???

aslap, unless you instruct differently, I'm just gonna go thru the posted list until I get a response (I already have one, from a little further down the list). I guess I would like to keep your books circulating. Your advice?

#39 · (Edited)
I looks like the list is making pretty good progress. Is alsap (Tony) keeping a list or is the list posted here whats being used? Either way it looks like this is a good time to add myself. If I'm not in line where I'm supposed to be I'm sure someone will let me know about it.

kytim

scott coyote

blkwollf

Ruger 1221

langenc

the sandman

steelpier

tyendor

#42 ·
Would like to keep these books moving

I'm out on business and I have the list at home. I'll post it here on Friday ........
Tony, I have tried contacting both kytim and scott coyote but have received no response.

In the mean time, I already have address info for blkwollf, and I could have these books in the mail the day after you approve.

Let me know?

(And thanks again for letting us have a chance to read these!)

-Dave

#43 ·
To Blkwollf they go then!!!!

I feel like some sort of "Game of Thrones" character handing down a solemn dictate!

I'll check my list but it appears yours is the more current. I'll add your names to mine and post the list here.

What did you think of the scope book? I picked up a nice condition Redfield 3200 for 200 bucks that needed a new crosshair and I thought the book would help me fix that. As per usual, I was wrong and wound up sending the thing off to get professionally repaired. That was the correct thing to do.

Tony

#44 ·
I feel like some sort of "Game of Thrones" character handing down a solemn dictate!

I'll check my list but it appears yours is the more current. I'll add your names to mine and post the list here.

What did you think of the scope book? I picked up a nice condition Redfield 3200 for 200 bucks that needed a new crosshair and I thought the book would help me fix that. As per usual, I was wrong and wound up sending the thing off to get professionally repaired. That was the correct thing to do.

Tony
:bthumb: I'll be watching for them! ~ ~ Tnks All !!!:bthumb:

#56 ·
I lost track of this

I'm sorry but I lost track of this. My list ended a while ago and I haven't kept it up. I'm not sure of the best way to track the books unless there was someplace here (or saved somewhere else) where a person could open up a spreadsheet for example and enter their name into a list.

Come to think of it, there may be a way to do this using one of the hosting apps like One Drive. Let me see what I can find out here at work.

Tony

#58 ·
A running list

It might be possible to set up a running list that could be accessed by anybody using something called "Drop Box". I have the account set up and just have to figure out if it will be possible for anybody without Drop Box to access the account via a link. If so, then I'll set up a spread sheet that you will access to enter your name and address into the list to receive the books. Whoever has the books will get the next name from the list and remove theirs and so on into eternity!

If you all think this is a good way to do it let me know.

Tony

#59 ·
I'm sorry

I've been messing around with this for a while and it appears that there would be more work in keeping this up than I thought using the Drop Box idea. It looks like the books are getting passed around by just checking in here so that looks like the best way to do it.

I hope everybody is enjoying them! The scope book wasn't much but there is some interesting stuff in the Calfee book. It's too bad there isn't another rag dedicated to target shooting like Precision Shooting!

Tony

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.