Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-17-2017, 06:07 PM
PEASHOOTER67
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to PEASHOOTER67
Adult Legos

I like that bolt on the right. Would rather polished though.

Where did you get it?

"The biggest communication problem is we don't listen to understand, we listen to reply"
Old 06-17-2017, 06:22 PM
usmc1983
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well OP, you could have worse and more expensive habits!
Old 06-18-2017, 09:10 PM
DrGunner
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_80 View Post
I'm not backing off of Randy's work to satisfy this cat up above here, but I will look into that JWH Titanium Nitride bolt. Would match up just a bit better with the barrel, and I can use the jeweled CPC bolt in a nicer looking 10-22 that still has a 1991 factory bolt with some hammer wear underneath.
Right On! Randy does awesome work.

Everyone has a right to their opinion and we hope that we can all learn when multiple views are available to weigh.

That said, the WAY we express opposing views is important. I hope moving forward that those involved in this discussion can find a way to keep the subject matter itself in mind and keep their comments topical and informative.

Personal attacks, insults and rude provocative comments intended to disparage others will not be tolerated on this forum.

Carry on-

Respectfully,

DrGunner

Old 06-19-2017, 09:37 AM
CATMguy445
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to CATMguy445
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGunner View Post
Right On! Randy does awesome work.

Everyone has a right to their opinion and we hope that we can all learn when multiple views are available to weigh.

That said, the WAY we express opposing views is important. I hope moving forward that those involved in this discussion can find a way to keep the subject matter itself in mind and keep their comments topical and informative.

Personal attacks, insults and rude provocative comments intended to disparage others will not be tolerated on this forum.

Carry on-

Respectfully,

DrGunner

Well said, DrG. A couple of days ago I was just about ready to unload on the guy who was being such a colossal jerk, but Sophia solved the problem, so I didn't need to tell him off. We all have opinions on various things and subjects, and obviously, not all of those opinions are the same. Ditto with experiences. However, if someone's opinion doesn't agree with yours, there is no reason to resort to personal insults and/or name calling. Discussion is one of the reasons that RFC exists, and a great deal of knowledge can be gained from other people's experience and the results of that experience. In a lot of cases the end result is similar, but the path to reach that end result is very different. If someone didn't do things the same way that you did, or you think they should have done, there is no reason to call them or their equipment names.

I applaud Sophia's decision. She was actually a lot nicer than I would have been if I were a Moderator. Let's keep this Forum and this Site polite and discuss things in a reasonable way.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:41 PM
Flash_80
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Go ahead and add another $100 to that money pit. Received the JWH titanium nitride scalloped bolt today. Decided to put the CPC bolt in a different 10/22 that it would look nicer in. So I don't know how to budget this. Does the money to CPC become null and void since its going in a different rifle or does it remain since its a product of the original project? Or do all things 10/22 lump into their own category of expenditures?

I'll say that the JWH in its gold color doesn't match up aesthetically with Randy's jeweling work, but it suits this gun better. Becoming more and more happy with my lightweight plinker cash pot that is fast approaching Anshutz territory (financially and in no way fit nor accuracy).