Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-15-2017, 12:08 AM
Andyd
Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyt654 View Post
Well I don't agree with that as I have made several purchases well over that price and have never had a conflict. I think you might be misreading the law as stated.

As read it would not apply to minor parts,only barrels,cylinders,receivers.Yes those parts have to be inspected and registered/stamped with the ATF before importation,minor parts like most here are importing as stated in your paragraph and clearly shown as not needing any permit.

The part you are referencing applies mainly in part to rifles,ammunition and other parts that could be utilized in war only,not a small .22 target rifle

The complete laws shown in the below PDF file clearly states that these purchases are not under any monetary scrutiny,nor are they even subject as they are minor parts.

https://www.atf.gov/file/97776/download

Just my opinion,believe who you want,here is the ATF form applying to weapons,ammunition etc of War

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/...3apdf/download
If I couldn't read a simple ATF rule correctly, I wouldn't have made it through the first semester in law-school, nor would I have been able to successfully export firearms from Germany and import them under my own FFL here repeatedly.

Let me help you understand the legal jargon:

a permit is not required for the importation of:
b. Minor components and parts of Category I(a) firearms when the total value does not exceed $100 wholesale in any single transaction. Barrels, cylinders, receivers (frames) or complete breech mechanisms always need Form 6 Part 1 and 6A filed after importation.

As I stated, CBP rarely reinforces the gun export act in their German facilities but if they do they will not let you off by merely paying a small fine. You can file Form 6 Part 1 as an unlicensed individual for parts that you personally use, it is free of charge and takes usually less than four weeks.

You decide what risks you take.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:10 AM
tommyt654

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well I read it as a wholesale item that part of the law refers to,we are paying retail prices,so I'm thinking they are excluded from that process in its entirety.Who is to determine what the actual wholesale cost are,you,me.?

I would think that Waffencenter would be the only ones in that position to decide and they can simply say their wholesale cost are well below the $100 (entirely plausible) you cite at any given time to simplify matter.I highly doubt the CPB or the ATF are in a position to determine what a company in Germany's wholesale cost are at any given time,not to mention a significant amount of the cost are shipping and insurance related that would even go further to lower the cost associated with purchase's.I think you are overthinking this and maybe trying to scare off folks that would otherwise have to rely on someone who imports and resells items at much higher cost as part of a retail operation here in the states.

But thanks for helping me understand "legal jargon"
Old 03-15-2017, 05:45 AM
drknite

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Myself, Don Blue , and Tommy have purchased parts through them on different occasions. Everything arrived as ordered. Far as I know Tommy has not been arrested or had the FBI,or ATF come knocking on his door. He is just trying to help people get parts for their suhl rifles without getting ripped off by people who jack up prices due to lack of availability.

Old 03-16-2017, 03:35 PM
morsinger
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by langenc View Post
One day it will just be in your mailbox. Relax. Too much snow/cold to shoot now anyway.
And so it came to pass, the stock showed up today!
Old 03-16-2017, 05:28 PM
drknite

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Good to hear.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:50 PM
52DH&R12

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Works for me

I received the parts I ordered last month, inside the timeline I was given. Great people to deal with.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:42 PM
tommyt654

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yes they are,glad you got your parts at a reasonable price
Old 04-29-2017, 02:43 PM
morsinger
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
In the ever changing saga of geting parts from Waffencenter, now using XOOM

I got the new stock I ordered, it was for the Haenal 150, the BR gun. Original stock was the L stock (adjustable comb). The action screws are shorter in the BR stcok and different heads. With Alex assistance got the parts selected, he sent me the price. I go into XOOM to pay for them and the payment gets cancelled. I get an email from XOOM to explain why. They will only transfer funds to an individual not to a company. I asked you mean if I wanted to put a deposit on a Merceedes you would not handle it. That's right she said. So either we send directly to Alex or we get someone in country to handle the transaction and deal with them. BTW, they acknowledged that they had let the stock throiugh.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:13 PM
tommyt654

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The only 2 stocks they offer on their site are both for the Suhl/Haenel 150.You needed or wanted a stock for a Haenel/Suhl 150-1 model which they do not offer and to my knowledge never have.That was an error on your parts not theirs.Regarding Xoom I had not heard about this and will check into it.Sorry for your troubles

These are the only 2 offered by them.You might have better luck looking for a 150-1 stock on several sites here in the states as many were converted to benchrest rifles

http://www.waffencenter-gotha.de/sho...GDR::2490.html

http://www.waffencenter-gotha.de/sho...GDR::5181.html

Good luck
Old 06-08-2017, 10:44 AM
trackskid

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I couldn't seem to figure out how to get past first page of ordering...would not let me choose shipping company, does anyone have help with this?
Just picked up a 150 from pawn shop in Arkansas and need a bolt part...
Thanks
Eric
Old 06-08-2017, 12:07 PM
tommyt654

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
They ship thru DHL,you need to follow the directions in this thread regarding contacting them and the appropriate way to request the part.You might just ask for it as some here may have that part for sale. If not setup a way to transfer funds from your bank to them as they no longer use paypal or XOOM.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=628929
Old 06-08-2017, 01:39 PM
langenc
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackskid View Post
I couldn't seem to figure out how to get past first page of ordering...would not let me choose shipping company, does anyone have help with this?
Just picked up a 150 from pawn shop in Arkansas and need a bolt part...
Thanks
Eric
I dont think you get a choice on shipping co. DHL is all there is in Germany.

Talk w/ Alex @ Waffencenter. There is a gunsmith in I believe Ohio, that stocks some parts, Alex can direct you. On the other hand, while you are at it, get a firing pin and spring and extractors. Never know when you mighjt need.

Last edited by langenc; 06-08-2017 at 01:42 PM.
Old 06-10-2017, 05:39 PM
trackskid

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks and excited!!!

Thanks for all the help...working to get the parts and so thankful
BTW- is it normal to have groups of 10 at 50 yards that could hide under a dime?!? CCI standard velocity was just off of Wolff Extra...WOW
Old 06-21-2017, 08:48 PM
trackskid

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks to you all

So- I finalized order last Saturday and the package arrived today! Thank you all for the help. Super excited to start getting used to the firearm!