Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

white grips

5K views 31 replies 9 participants last post by  Douglas Rome 
#1 ·
I asked Ruger if their white grips fit Mark 1, 2 and 3. They said
only Mark 3. Does anyone make white grips that fit all three?
thanks, douglas

#2 ·
I asked Ruger if their white grips fit Mark 1, 2 and 3. They said
only Mark 3. Does anyone make white grips that fit all three?
thanks, douglas
Nope! Being that you brought your question to the Ruger Mark I forum, exactly which Ruger Mark pistol do you have?

Here's a picture of a customers Ruger Mark III, with white grips. These grip will also work on the Ruger Mark II and the Ruger Mark I A 100 grip frame, with a little bit of adaptation. If your pistol has the A 54 grip frame, these grips will not work.

#5 ·
If the Standard is an A100 grip frame, it will be marked as such, on the grip frame under the left panel. That's the most important feature for the Mark I, II & III grip frames. All the grip screw hole patterns are the same on those versions. Now, you may need to do a little relief cutting to get those grips on a Mark III frame for the magazine release screw head, and for the bolt stop thumb piece, but that's not an insurmountable task.

The A 54 grip frame is NOT marked as such because the A 54 designation is the schematic number in the early manuals. It's all about where the grip screws are located.

#7 ·
These came with this Mark I target when I purchased it. They are a little thick for my taste but look good on a blued gun.

Here is the same gun with the factory grips. This gun is new in box. I can't bring myself to shoot it. I have a MK II Target in SS that gets the range time.

#9 · (Edited)
These MKIII grips will also fit a MKII. I bought these and used them on the MKII.

http://shopruger.com/Mark-III-Simulated-Ivory-Grips/productinfo/19933/

I think there is an extra cutout on these which is not on the MKII version. I see Ruger does not sell the MKII version anymore. At the time I bought mine, the MKII version was inexplicably about twice the price.

One of the rating comments on the above links states they will fit a MKI also.

#11 ·
based on the info here, I think I will order three sets from Ruger.
the lady I spoke to said they only fit MK3 but you guys say different.
If I have to do a little Dremel work on the Standard I can handle
that. thanks, douglas
If they will fit the Ruger Mark III variation, they will fit the Ruger A 100 grip frame and the Ruger Mark II pistol grip screw location holes also. No need for the Dremel.

Those panels will have the cut-out for the bolt stop thumb-piece, as required for the Mark II & III grip frames, but the panels will indeed "bolt" right on your other grip frames as long as they're not the A 54 grip frame.

Pictures when you get those panels installed, is a requirement, you know? ;)

#19 ·
The pin to the back of the grips, closest to the safety is the one you want to retain. SGW's recommendation sounds good but I would be more comfortable with a small piece of some stronger tape, like masking tape or duct tape.
Just my opinion. I make a folded up piece of masking tape , place it over the pin and hold it in place with the left grip. Just my .02 worth.

#21 ·
You are going to need a piece to fill the void in the left grip probably 1/8" thick. If you go too large on the filler you will crack your grip. Hogue adds a filler part with their MK II grips so they can be used on a Mark I. You might contact Hogue and they would probably give you one.

#27 · (Edited)
Caution! Do not let this picture lead you astray. Unfortunately, there are some who don't understand that the grip screw location is very important.

L@@K at the panels above. These panels are for the Ruger Standard A54 grip frames ONLY. So, unless you have a grip frame with the screw hole locations just like those on the above panels............DON'T waste your money!

ED, take a good L@@K at this picture, it's an A54 grip frame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.