Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Recoil Buffer to anyone that wants one-while supplies last.

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  ShooterG 
#1 · (Edited)
I ended up with a bunch of extra material for making plastic recoil buffers for 10/22. I will send one to anyone that wants one as long as I have the materials to make them. PM me your address please.

NOTE:******I am no longer offering the recoil buffer. I will tell you how I make them and you can easily make your own.

Get 1/4" plastic tubing like what is used for refrigerator water line. Cut a piece exactly 1 1/4" long. Get a 10d nail. I used some galvanized nails that I had around. Cut it also to exactly 1 1/4" long. Replace the stock buffer in your 10/22 with the plastic tubing and put the section of nail inside the tubing for extra support. That's it! Easy and cheap. :bthumb:

#16 ·
I just wanted to thank you for making and sending me one of the plastic recoil buffers. Got it yesterday, installed it and shot it today. Worked perfect.
Glad it worked! I have had mine for about 500 rounds so far. Holding up great so far. Pretty good for some tubing I got from the thrift store and galvanized nails. I need a better way to cut the nails. Cutting with a dremel is a pain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.