Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-19-2017, 09:08 PM
Chickm1
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I won a Savage B Mag in a raffle. It has the smaller barrel. There are several things I do not like. I don't like the barrel. Too small. I don't like the bolt. It has some kind of strange design, that will allow it to fold down, before it is it position. It does not go all the way down, and if will not fire, just a pain. I do not like the magazine. It is a rotary design, that is hard to load, AND it is integral to the stock, meaning it is all plastic and it snaps into the stock. Forget an aftermarket magazine without some sort of firearm modification. On top of that, it will not snap into place, unless the bolt is open, which is a bad fitting issue. Then, we get to accuracy, Nothing to brag about, by any means. I tried to trade it at the gun shop, and the man would not take it. Said the B Mag was a no sale firearm, and he did not want to get stuck with it. I can't understand why they did not chamber the Mod 93 in the 17 WSM, rather than build this piece of junk.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:13 PM
buckxo01
US Army Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Let me make sure I understand this correctly - you won a rifle for little or no money, and you are unhappy?

How do you feel about winning gold coins in a raffle?

V/R
Buck
Old 03-20-2017, 12:50 PM
B23
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickm1 View Post
I won a Savage B Mag in a raffle. It has the smaller barrel. There are several things I do not like. I don't like the barrel. Too small. I don't like the bolt. It has some kind of strange design, that will allow it to fold down, before it is it position. It does not go all the way down, and if will not fire, just a pain. I do not like the magazine. It is a rotary design, that is hard to load, AND it is integral to the stock, meaning it is all plastic and it snaps into the stock. Forget an aftermarket magazine without some sort of firearm modification. On top of that, it will not snap into place, unless the bolt is open, which is a bad fitting issue. Then, we get to accuracy, Nothing to brag about, by any means. I tried to trade it at the gun shop, and the man would not take it. Said the B Mag was a no sale firearm, and he did not want to get stuck with it. I can't understand why they did not chamber the Mod 93 in the 17 WSM, rather than build this piece of junk.
Soooooo I take it you won't be signing up for the Bmag fan club then?!

Old 03-20-2017, 12:57 PM
B23

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckxo01 View Post
Let me make sure I understand this correctly - you won a rifle for little or no money, and you are unhappy?

V/R
Buck
Would probably complain because they (Krugerrands) were only .9167 pure gold.

Yeah, what a total rip off. LOL
Old 03-20-2017, 01:06 PM
Chickm1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yeah, I'm not happy. The gun doesn't shoot worth a darn, and I can't sell it. If that is hard for you to understand, let me make it simpler for you. How would you like it if you won 50 gold coins, but no one would take them in currency and you can not sell them?

The point I was making is the Savage B Mag is a POS, and is evidenced by the fact that no one wants to buy it and the gun dealer will not even take it in trade at any price. Bud's Gun Shop said they would allow me $125 in trade, but I had to pay for shipping to them. haha. that would make me getting the price of the $80 of raffle tickets I bought.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:11 PM
Chickm1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

V/R
Buck
Buck, for your information, I have bought at least $60 in this raffle, every year, for the last 10-12 years. The money goes to the Shriners Hospital for Children. This year, I bought $80 in tickets. This is the first firearm of any kind I have won, and it is a POS. And, at the money I have paid, it was not little or no money. But, the point I was making is that Savage has made another POS. The only reason I mentioned I won it, because I would not want someone to think that I would spend good money on this junk.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:33 PM
aldeerhunter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Have you shot the gun? Did you expect the plastic stock to turn into laminate after you won the raffle? The plastic bmag is a cheap gun that performs on par with its price for sure.

You are not in a position to talk about all bmags ever produced. I have owned two. The first shot consistent 1.5 moa or less. The second shoots as good as any gun I have ever owned, including custom guns.

If you are going to sell it for cheap, I am sure some unwitting person will take it off your hands. Just make sure you let them know it has a small black barrel, plastic stock, rotary magazine and the bolt is stiff until you break it in.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:54 PM
buckxo01
US Army Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
For giving money to the Shriner's Hospital your faith in their good work for helping children is well placed. I too give my money to them.

Thank you for that!

Very respectfully,
Buck
Old 03-20-2017, 02:04 PM
Chickm1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
For giving money to the Shriner's Hospital your faith in their good work for helping children is well placed. I too give my money to them.

Thank you for that!

Very respectfully,
Buck
My brother was over all Shrine Circus's in North America for about 10 years, which raises money for the Children's Hospital. I sell 3-4 books of ticket to this raffle every year, plus buy an excessive amount for myself. Tickets are $10 each. The Shriners Hospital for Children gives care to children, that otherwise they would not have. They provide this free of charge. My brother, who was a Navy Corpsman, attached to the Marines, use to volunteer at the hospital several days a month, until his wife's health got to where he was not comfortable driving 2 1/2 hours away, and being gone all day, away from her.

Savage still makes some junk rifles, and a few that are ok. But, their service on repairs, is very poor.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:18 PM
MacR

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I agree with Chick. I have a skinny barrel Bmag and it is the lowest quality firearm I have ever owned. I think I spent a little over $300, then more trying to get it to shoot. I know it is a cheap rifle, but still. These days, even inexpensive rifles are generally accurate. Gave up on it.

I have heard the newer Bmags are better, but I am done with Savage. I really like the cartridge and bought a MGM barrel for my Contender. Night and day difference in accuracy.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:47 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Savage has a B.Mag 1.5" MOA guarantee. Upon my complaint 2 years ago with target pix they sent me a label and I returned my first one, SSHB, and they sent me another.....after a long wait.

Good on ya with the shriners.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:20 PM
Glass37
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Savage does have a warranty, slow process, but bad accuracy and magazine issue would be warranty issues. As Al said 1.5MOA guarantee. Costs nothing to give Savage a chance to correct some of the issues.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:25 PM
Chickm1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Let me tell you about Savage's accuracy warranty. They send you a picture of a target that they say they shot at some many yards, that you cannot duplicate with the same rifle and ammo, with the rifle in a vice. I know, I did it.

aldeerhunter, To the guy asking the asinine question did I expect the stock to turn into laminate, don't you have anything better to do? Did you even fully read what I posted? I said I did not like the plastic stock and the integrated magazine, nor did I care for the rotary magazine. It is junk. I did not say every 17 WSM rifle was junk. I said THIS ONE WAS JUNK. Maybe you have a reading comprehension problem.

I am not in the habit of taking advantage of unsuspecting people. I do not think it is ethical.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:27 PM
Chickm1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thank you to Buck and Al.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:42 PM
different

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
wow. Well I have a bmag. do I think it's junk.... actually yeah, I do. Thing is though, I think the Rugers were overpriced. they were well over twice the cost of the bmag, and they weren't winning any beauty contests with the wood they put on them. Haven't heard any awesome reports of accuracy from them, either. What else is there for the wsm? jump up another grand to a Volquartsen or Franklin? I know the bmag is pretty poor. The thing is that the price reflects that and I knew that going in.

Also, I might feel better about the bmag than some because I don't have the plastic stock. I got my laminated stock model when there was a nice sale and rebate so for $269 including the shipping I can't complain.