Need help adding a late style latch to a stock - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:28 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Need help adding a late style latch to a stock

Can anyone give me any suggestions on adding a late style latch to a stock that was made during the time when Remington used the early style latch. Does the location of the latch matter that much or do I just attach it and bend the latch until it works.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:22 PM
schutzen-jager
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
mark spot 3/8" back from rear wall of stock opening + centered in opening - dimple with a pointed punch - drill hole with drill that is undersized for wood screw - lubricate screw threads with bar soap + install screw - i do not advise bending latch especially if it is one of the garbage Numrich or other reproduction ones - take your time it is a very easy job - let us know if you have any questions or problems -
Old 05-19-2017, 09:29 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Decided to make a wood block template instead. drilled the hole for the latch screw all the way through the stock. but a wood block inside that fit both stocks. The 513 was narrower then the 511. drilled a hole through the takedown screw hole and then through the latch hole from the outside in. placed the wood block in the action of the 513 stock put the drill bit through the takedown hole to line everything up and then drilled the hole for the latch screw. The magazine was very tight the first time I installed it. Had to push the mag out from the open action. Much better after a few times of putting it in and taking it out.

Old 05-23-2017, 08:41 AM
schutzen-jager
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
glad it worked - but it seems like an overly complicated + time consuming way to do it - i have never had to bend latch for correct functioning -