Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-19-2017, 12:52 AM
OnTop
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Stainless 10/22 Mannlicher International

Just picked this up (private transaction) in excellent condition with two mags, Ruger sling, Truglo fiber optic sights and 150rds CCI standard velocity. I don't really know the actual value but for $200, why not. Correct me if I am wrong, the stock is Walnut right? Just for reference, what is the current relative value of this package? And no, I am not selling it or looking to make a profit.

OT
Old 05-19-2017, 01:01 AM
Vasquez956

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thats pretty interesting. Ive never seen anything one like that before.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:27 AM
Randy99CL
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You certainly got a good deal on the gun. New SS internationals with checkered walnut stocks are about $340.

But I think your stock is birch or beech. It seems like Ruger makes checkered walnut with red butt pads or non-checkered birch/beech with a black pad.

I really wonder what those guns are. Someone said a WalMart special?

Old 05-19-2017, 04:07 AM
BulletBait

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The WM Special of the early to mid 90's was the Gray/Green and black laminate Mannlicher stock. Yours is beech, not walnut. So many dealer exclusives and Ruger only full stocks, it's difficult to say which one. The earliest full stocks were walnut stocks but blue only, then birch / beech in blue and stainless metal. Now walnut is offered again by Talo and Gallery of Guns. Easy to tell by the speed mag release.
http://www.ruger-firearms.com/produc...eets/1264.html
Old 05-19-2017, 08:09 AM
Ledslnger

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
They had those on CDNN a while back on sale at $279. Wanted one, but need room first. Very nice imo.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:21 AM
jon p
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
nice find!!

but NOT walnut. I love the stainless international, you got an excellent buy with all the extras.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:23 AM
BulletBait

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What befuddled me was the several (8-10) used Internationals I bought to re-sell, I think three had missing nose caps. Perhaps the owners did too much accuracy theories reading and knew the cap was affecting its accuracy. Sure did ruin the overall looks tho. Always amused with shooters trying to make a hunting / plinking rifle into a bench rest 1/2 moa target rifle. Surprising the barrel band carbines were considered accurate and fantastic first rifles before the Internet chat forums.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:02 PM
valvestem
US Coast Guard Veteran Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just today picked up a brand new Talo International stainless with a walnut stock, from my local small dealer. I ordered it online Monday, today it came in. I have not had any time to look it over good yet, but it looks good so far.
I have a blue one with walnut I bought used a few weeks ago that is a beauty.
I notice the OPs has a matching silver trigger guard as well, both mine have the black.

Last edited by valvestem; 05-19-2017 at 08:11 PM. Reason: sp;add
Old 05-19-2017, 08:47 PM
OnTop

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by valvestem View Post
I just today picked up a brand new Talo International stainless with a walnut stock, from my local small dealer. I ordered it online Monday, today it came in. I have not had any time to look it over good yet, but it looks good so far.
I notice the OPs has a matching silver trigger guard as well, both mine have the black.
Sweet. We need pics.

The stainless trigger group was old style (my preference) vs current production polymer trigger group.

OT
Old 05-19-2017, 08:52 PM
Tyendor
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by valvestem View Post
Back when Ruger was making the trigger housings from an alloy they were color matched to the color of the receiver. The plastic housings are black, even with a silver receiver.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:43 PM
Roadrat
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
89% (5)
Hey, I have one of those. Picked it up at a local gun show years ago. Paid $260 for it. Stock is not walnut - either birch/beech/etc. No checkering. Made 1994. I bought a leather sling from Ruger. Nice rig - but nothing special; just different...I like different!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1994 Ruger International Crop.jpg (284.7 KB, 20 views)
Old 05-22-2017, 10:02 PM
A square 10

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
i have the laminate one , i like it a lot , added a scope to let me see my targets better , paid around the 200 range all included ,

Old 05-23-2017, 10:59 PM
huntschool

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am looking at one..... New...... What kind of performance with what ammo, sighits and any after market add on's are you getting......

Single shot shooters only need to shoot once.

Bruce A. Hering
Program Coordinator/Lead Instructor
Shotgun Team Coach
Southeastern Illinois College
SCTP Collegiate Coaches Chairman
NSCA Level III
Old 05-24-2017, 01:03 AM
BulletBait

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
huntschool
Only you can tell performance by taking HV and SV ammo by several mfg's to the range. A trigger upgrade is helpful; I use the $40 VQ target hammer in my two. Scope is the std 3x9x40; don't see much purpose in a 6x24x60 on a 22LR.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:22 AM
OnTop

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think I'll be needing a scope on my 10/22. Not a problem since I should be able to pick one from my "scope box" (yes, just like holsters, I have a box of various scopes. I rarely sell my unused scopes).

OT