Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:33 PM
Oso
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Need a Sako Extractor for L46 / Vixen

I have a Sako Riihimaki (pre-Vixen) which uses their small Mauser action. The gun is chambered in 222 Remington. I am looking for a replacement extractor. Anyone have a spare squirrelled away or knows where I can find one?

Thanks
Old 05-19-2017, 12:16 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Since this is a rimfire forum, your chances of finding one here may not be good (although you might get lucky). However, if you post this on the Sako Collectors Club forum (http://sakocollectors.com/forum/), I suspect you'll get a response. Really great folks there (here too, for that matter)--knowledgeable and helpful. Post your request in the General Sako Discussions subforum. Also enter a "wanted" post in the Trade Corner. That's a lovely little rifle, by the way! I have a couple of Vixens.

Good luck!

Last edited by South_Pender; 05-19-2017 at 12:18 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:39 PM
Oso

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by South_Pender View Post
Since this is a rimfire forum, your chances of finding one here may not be good (although you might get lucky). However, if you post this on the Sako Collectors Club forum (http://sakocollectors.com/forum/), I suspect you'll get a response. Really great folks there (here too, for that matter)--knowledgeable and helpful. Post your request in the General Sako Discussions subforum. Also enter a "wanted" post in the Trade Corner. That's a lovely little rifle, by the way! I have a couple of Vixens.

Good luck!
Thank you. I agree with you on how sweet and graceful these guns are. I used to think my Winchester 70 Featherweight .223 was the benchmark for balance and beauty. I bought a second one with the excuse of needing a backup magazine.

Old 05-20-2017, 10:29 AM
cmjr

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Sako extractor

I'm a member on the SCC forum and frankly you'll have better luck here or on several of the other shooting sites. It's a invaluable source of information but membership is very small with a large European and Aus/NZ membership. Basically problematic as to shipping gun parts overseas. Also a lot of guys that enjoy Sako rimfires have, and this is no surprise, Sako centerfires. RFC is a good source just from it's sheer size. I would also try 24hr Campfire and Accurate Shooter. L46 extractors are a hard find, especially from individuals. If you can afford to collect or simply enjoy these rifles having a spare extractor handy is worth more to you than what you can get for it by selling it.

Last edited by cmjr; 05-20-2017 at 11:03 AM.
Old 05-20-2017, 04:24 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjr View Post
I'm a member on the SCC forum and frankly you'll have better luck here or on several of the other shooting sites. It's a invaluable source of information but membership is very small with a large European and Aus/NZ membership. Basically problematic as to shipping gun parts overseas. Also a lot of guys that enjoy Sako rimfires have, and this is no surprise, Sako centerfires. RFC is a good source just from it's sheer size. I would also try 24hr Campfire and Accurate Shooter. L46 extractors are a hard find, especially from individuals. If you can afford to collect or simply enjoy these rifles having a spare extractor handy is worth more to you than what you can get for it by selling it.
Not so sure that receiving a small part from a European country would present any problem. I was able to purchase an Anschutz trigger with no problem whatsoever from a Swedish source. It wasn't a case of his breaking the law; it was allowed by law, with a full customs declaration on the package. For all practical purposes, a tiny part like an extractor could easily be slipped into an envelope and sent to NA.

I remain confident that Oso will get a response from the Sako Collectors Club forum!