Beretta Olympia Rifles - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-24-2017, 01:05 AM
deeno

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

You have really sharp eyes, I never noticed. I went back to measure and the ramp is in fact .01" closer to right. This is not a part that I cut (blueing is still in place on both 'sides' of the feed ramp). I wonder if others are like this too or if I got a special one.

@oldbird13 did your scope mount arrive yet? I would love to know if you can still field strip the bolt for cleaning without removing the scope and also about the mounting height vs comb height.

This rifle is begging me to be shot with a receiver mounted peep. I'm still torn about how I want to proceed as I think it will be fairly impossible to hope that someone would take one off of a working rifle and sell it as it would leave an ugly hole.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:12 PM
oldbird13
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I have been sick for two weeks and was out of town the week prior so I have not had a chance to actually mount the scope base. Sorry, will update when I can.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:04 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Deeno I see a small offset on my feeding ramp too but I am not very good at taking measurement. I tried with a ruler and couldn't make it fit or get any good angles so it is there, from what I can see but I cant give a number.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:58 PM
deeno

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Too bad, I guess mine isn't so special after all (for better or worse ?)
Old 04-05-2017, 04:35 AM
Stranger

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeno View Post
Hey Stranger,

Thanks for the first hand info! Are you able to fieldstrip/clean the bolt with the scope in place or does the scope need to be removed each time? Any issues with scope movement with the scope only being supported at the front?
No, I had to remove the scope to remove the action. After all I went thru to get the scope mount, I ended up not liking the looks of the set up so i decided to remove it. No problem with the scope moving, I used a shorter Weaver shotgun scope that had a good amount of eye relief as well.
I had two of these rifles, the sport and the super sport. I sold the super sport because it was not as accurate as the sport.
Old 04-05-2017, 03:05 PM
Lakeside Machine

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Scope mounts

I have found a mount for the scope mounting issue on these rifles. I have both styles of rifles but need to test the trainer rifle with the shorter dovetail and single cross bolt attachment. I have scoped and fired the rifles with the longer dovetail with two lock screws with success. I can use the iron sights and the scope and can take the back cover off for cleaning without taking the scope off. So far so good. More info as I try the other rifles.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:23 PM
Lakeside Machine

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Scope mounting pictures

Here's a few pictures of the rings for these rifles. I have a sample of each rifle and they all work the same. All bolt assemblies remove without taking the scopes off. Depending on the rear sight style and scope front diameter, the iron sights can be seen when scope is mounted. The early trainer and sporter have a short dovetail design with one single cross screw. The other models have the longer dovetail and two screw slots. This type of ring mount doesn't use any of the cross screws and both long and short dovetail models can use this ring set. I dont have the semi auto only super sport model but I would guess these rings will work on those as well. The cheek weld is a little high, but is not unusually uncomfortable. I can lock my jaw into the stock instead of my cheekbone....and it feels pretty good.

Anyway, here is an option instead of chasing overseas for a mount.

Let me know what you think.

(This Image is Too Large to Be Displayed Within the Post. Click Link to View) (902 kB)

Last edited by Lakeside Machine; 04-21-2017 at 12:32 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:40 AM
Lakeside Machine

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Nobody seems to give a rip? I guess there is no need for scopes on these rifles after all.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:53 PM
JeffConrad
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Rings

What brand of rings are these?
I think this is a good solution. Certainly one I will try on my semi-auto if my factory mount goes kaput.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:08 PM
deeno

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice to have a local option. Are you making these or just found something that fit?

I mostly bought this rifle to shoot with irons (still thinking of a way to get a peep on there). Being able to pop a scope on there when the need arises would be most welcome though. I think for shooting prone I would need the mount to be lower, which would mean removal for cleaning so the ideal setup for me would be a low mounted cantilever / quick release with the ring height being more important than the quick release. Seems like there would be room for it without having to remove the rear iron sight too.

One can dream
Old 04-26-2017, 02:25 AM
Barryeye

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have found this thread most informative and useful. I’ve had the Beretta Sport model for just over a year and it is without a doubt now my favourite .22. Shoots better than I can hold and has never missed a beat. However, my old eyes are now calling out for a scope and this thread has inspired me to give it a go. The original factory mount is too expensive for my pocket so I am looking at adapting a more common mount to fit. I’m also considering a scope with a longer than usual eye relief that will not have to stretch unsupported back so far.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:39 PM
Lakeside Machine

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeno View Post
Nice to have a local option. Are you making these or just found something that fit?
I start with a US made ring system. I fixture them and remachine the dovetail for the Beretta wide format. Within the three rifle models I have, they all work the same.

When the first prototype was made, I just had a crappy Tasco to try at the shop. I was very pleased to find out how well those rifles shoot with just blazer ammo on hand. I'm glad I bought what I did when Dan had them. I lucked out and snagged a consecutive pair in the mix!

I called Dan today and inquired about parts and factory scope mounts and if anything was in the pipes for us in the future. He said mounts are tough to find anywhere and he has no line on any overseas associated with these rifles. He did mention the Brownells option mentioned here.

Anyway, I made a small batch of these since the fixture was made.....figured others may be interested since the factory ones are non existent. I have them listed elsewhere but will extend my fellow rimfire brothers a discount.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:48 PM
Barryeye

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I found this page. It appears to be a price list. http://www.gbverrina.net/SITO/Ultimi...TT_BERETTA.htm