Used Single Six price. - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-27-2017, 03:41 PM
Singlesixguy
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Used Single Six price.

Hey guys, I haven't posted in a while. I need some opinions here. I recently went to a gun store here in northwest PA and saw some nice single sixes and a Heritage. The single six .22lr only was $299, single six conv $400, heritage .22lr $109. I have my eye on the single six .22lr. I already have one in conv in stainless steel 5 1/2" barrel. The condition is good, nice walnut grips, grip frame and frame piece including trigger guard and the ejector are polished steel. The proprietor said the previous owner polished the bluing off because of wear. He also said he would let it go for $300 including tax.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:12 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (52)
I'm no expert on prices but I recently bought a used 5.5" blue convertible for $315on Gunbroker. Of course I had to add shipping and transfer fee so, right at $375 total. I may have paid too much but I don't care, it's a shooter. Loves 30gr TNTs. It's a 2008 model with the internal lock but is like new. I don't know if the mag cylinder had ever been used, didn't look like it, and the gun itself isn't even broken in. Or rather, wasn't broken in. lol

Tony

PS...waiting to find the right grips for it to post pictures. Sorry
Old 02-27-2017, 05:33 PM
BulletBait

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Buy the Rough Rider too.
I've got three Rugers and three Colts, but enjoy shooting my 3 1/2" Birdshead and 9" Rough Riders just as much. No worries about battle dings while in the field. The Heritage accuracy is about par with my others. Three Heritages' for the price of one Ruger isn't bad.

Last edited by BulletBait; 02-27-2017 at 05:44 PM.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:22 PM
tallguy606

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Little high

$300 for a blue SS that someone polished all the finish off of in places seems a little rich to me. More like a $240 or $250 gun around here. I just bought a dead mint stainless SS with both cylinders for $360 plus tax.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:06 PM
goodjavstexas

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
$300 is the absolute max I'd go for a worn but good condition Old Model/3 screw Single Six. I'd say 250 for the model with the bluing polished off. My old model has a lot of holster wear for sure, gives it personality, but to just have polished it all off doesn't sound worth it for the naked rustability factor
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9176a.jpg (133.5 KB, 211 views)
Old 04-10-2017, 09:58 AM
lhedrick

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletBait View Post
Buy the Rough Rider too.
I've got three Rugers and three Colts, but enjoy shooting my 3 1/2" Birdshead and 9" Rough Riders just as much. No worries about battle dings while in the field. The Heritage accuracy is about par with my others. Three Heritages' for the price of one Ruger isn't bad.
Years ago my father had a single 6. We added a Rough Rider. Years have passed and I now have both. In my hand and fully admitting I don't have a steady hand, they both group about the same. I shoot them both.

Would I compare them, no. When I was a kid I didn't have the money for a Ruger so I got the Heritage, at the time is was like 50 bucks. Today I have the money and would go for Ruger. There is no need to compare the 2, since they are not the same. Why compare an F150 truck to a car. The both server a different purpose. A lot of people are in no position to pay for a Ruger let alone Colt. I have yet to see a legitimate knock on the Heritage RR. It's as fun to shoot as anything else.

Three Heritages' for the price of 1 Ruger is right on the mark.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:07 PM
southland1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Have recently bought a couple. SS Six with leather holster, some holster rubs '84 model from man walking around at gun show for $275. SS Six '83 model with both LR and magnum cylinders, like new but with a few scratches for $386 OTD at an auction.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:35 AM
Plinkhead

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If memory is right I paid $350 for a very nice 6" stainless (missing mag cyl) at a gun show last year. I thought that was an ok deal but not exceptional. I don't care about the mag cyl...but a used one is $100.

On the Heritage...its cheap, goes bang and you don't have to worry about taking care of it like a quality gun. Personally I would spend the money on a better gun but I suppose everyone should own at least one cheap 22 in order to appreciate finer 22 revolvers.