Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-11-2017, 12:16 PM
Ledslnger

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylo View Post
Your advice & my gut feeling were spot on! I'm now getting the most nasty vulgar e-mails I've ever received & of course bad FB but I'm so glad I didn't waste my $$. Thanks again for all the help. I've learned to go with that gut feeling but needed some help on this one & you guys came thru, Thanks again!
I would contact management on the site you "purchased" this on. Send them the vulgar emails and request they nuke the bad FB. If it continues contact the police.
Old 04-11-2017, 03:00 PM
claytonsdad

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
He likely didn't want anything to do with the USPS money order due to the fact that fraudulently cashing one is a federal offense. Back in the dark ages, before PayPal, I used to buy and sell rather significant quantities of rare coins. I always payed with and accepted USPS money orders shipped via registered mail. It will make anyone with less than honorable intentions think twice.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:36 PM
cobalt327

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The rub here is the seller is saying he agreed to accept USPS MO. Buyer says this isn't so. Seller says sent DL, buyer says not so, etc. When I look at sellers FB of 2 compared to the 100-plus the buyer has, I tend to side w/the buyer.

Last edited by cobalt327; 04-11-2017 at 06:41 PM.

Old 04-16-2017, 10:06 AM
ARKLITE
US Marines

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
If your still taking to him, your making a mistake, stop all correspondents with him asap, or you'll find yourself sending him money. Trust me on this, i was on a site, had this happen, my experience was it cost me 730 bucks! I'm embarrassed to say it, but, if it'll help some one not get hooked like i did, well, its worth a red face. And, trying to collect any money, FORGET IT. I had the ATF, local sheriff, the attorney general, postal dept, postal inspector, my local PD, any and all i could muster, to NO avail. I even had the bank # teller # where the MO was taken too, and, the address i mailed it too. The detective even interviewed the guy at the address i sent it too. He denied it all. Nothing was done about it, i lost my money, but, learned a good lesson and try to help people before it happens to them. The old saying, ''if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is'', applied to me.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:26 PM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
98% (49)
Won't take usps mo? No deal.Move on. No right of inspection for a firearm? No deal.Move on.(and even if they have a inspection period,they might not honor it,and you could be stuck.Been there,done that)Guys that have no written description,and say that the "pics tell the story"? No deal.There is something in the pics that you're not catching,and that's their out for no returns.Won't send through a FFL,even if you were to pay that fee? No deal, Move on.They might live far from an FFL,but some guys must have the deal totally their way,where you start to feel like a sucker,so I avoid them.There is nothing that I absolutely must have.
All that said,decent guys selling decent guns to other decent guys,can go as smooth as silk.I've never had a problem with taking a personal check,never had anything returned,but have returned just two guns out of many..and have been burned once..where I did use a USPS MO,and where the police did catch up with the guy.He did time for assorted gun deal frauds,but no one ever saw a penny.