Giving Majestic Arms Match Grade Master Kit a try........ - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-19-2017, 10:43 AM
Brent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Giving Majestic Arms Match Grade Master Kit a try........

Ok, I am one of the fortunate ones here on RFC who has not had any issue with or complaint about my 2016 MKIV Hunter. In reality I could live with the current trigger if I had too and would be happy, but since there are options out there to make improvements, I'm going to give it a shot. Part of it is also that I'm a very "mechanical" type person and I don't have a current project going on. It really doesn't sound like much of a challenge as most of the parts are just drop in anyway. There is a little filing required on the trigger bar, but a little at a time with testing in between should prove the best way to get satisfying results. Majestic Arms has been around for a while and making parts for the Ruger Mark pistols, so I feel their products should be fairly good quality. If anyone has experienced any issues with Majestic Arms products, please let me know. Just keep posts civil please. No bashing people, just facts on your experience with the product.

.......and why not post another picture of Ruger's MKIV Hunter!!!

Brent
Old 06-19-2017, 11:16 AM
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Nice looking MKIV hunter Brent. I don't have any experience with Majestic Arms personally, but a friend of mine installed the speed strip and some other parts in an earlier Mark? and was very happy with it.

Just curious, is the front sight base metal or plastic on the Mark IV Hunter?
Old 06-19-2017, 11:23 AM
Brent

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
Nice looking MKIV hunter Brent. I don't have any experience with Majestic Arms personally, but a friend of mine installed the speed strip and some other parts in an earlier Mark? and was very happy with it.

Just curious, is the front sight base metal or plastic on the Mark IV Hunter?
Thanks Blackwolfe! The front sight is all metal, except the fiber optic of course. I may have another change on this pistol that will transform the looks away from the factory look. I'll leave that change a secret for now. It won't be too crazy, just more classy imo.

Brent

Old 06-19-2017, 01:36 PM
ammohog

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Nice IV! While you were ordering, did you get the Bank Vault Locking Block? I watched the video a few times, interesting stuff. I'm going to wait until this recall business is over before I decide to do anything to mine. At the range today, shot the M41 and the Mark IV. I did manage three 3/4" 5 shot groups at 25 yards with the Mark IV with a Simmons pistol scope. Using CCI SV, for two and Aguila pistol match for the other. I really think my rear sand bag is in question, it's filled with small aquarium gravel. Didn't really give me a steady enough rest. Time to make a new sand bag. That grip on the Mark IV isn't made for a real pistol rest. Ha!... You already know that. Later ...... AH
Old 06-19-2017, 07:01 PM
22/45 Fan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Majestic Arms has a good reputation for quality products. A friend also has the "Speed Strip" kit on his MkII and is very enthusiastic about it.

My MkIV stainless target has also been trouble free from the first day.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:08 PM
Brent

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammohog View Post
Nice IV! While you were ordering, did you get the Bank Vault Locking Block? I watched the video a few times, interesting stuff. I'm going to wait until this recall business is over before I decide to do anything to mine. At the range today, shot the M41 and the Mark IV. I did manage three 3/4" 5 shot groups at 25 yards with the Mark IV with a Simmons pistol scope. Using CCI SV, for two and Aguila pistol match for the other. I really think my rear sand bag is in question, it's filled with small aquarium gravel. Didn't really give me a steady enough rest. Time to make a new sand bag. That grip on the Mark IV isn't made for a real pistol rest. Ha!... You already know that. Later ...... AH
I wasn't sure I wanted the Bank Vault Locking Block, but I put one in the cart anyway. Somebody will want it if I decide I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22/45 Fan View Post
Majestic Arms has a good reputation for quality products. A friend also has the "Speed Strip" kit on his MkII and is very enthusiastic about it.

That's good to hear. I wish I still had my stainless MKII with the 5.5" bull barrel. Paid $225 brand new for it. I remember going through a couple of bricks without an issue. Too young and stupid to know when to keep a great gun, so I traded it off.

I may go ahead and send my MKIV in for the factory "fix" (still debating). If I do and the sear on the Majestic Arms kit doesn't work with it, I'll just contact them about getting a new one when they redesign theirs.

Brent
Old 06-20-2017, 09:40 AM
SGW Gunsmith

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22/45 Fan View Post

For the most part, they do. The "Speed-Strip" bolt stop pin is a "solution to a problem that doesn't exist" in my opinion. Here's one that was a bit disappointing.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:27 AM
22/45 Fan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGW Gunsmith View Post
For the most part, they do. The "Speed-Strip" bolt stop pin is a "solution to a problem that doesn't exist" in my opinion.
Well, the problem may not be "real" but enough owners think it is and were intimidated enough to never learn how to assemble the pistols properly. Majestic has made a nice living solving this "non-existant" problem.

Yes, I have heard of a few failures but generally their kit is well thought of.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:04 PM
Brent

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Wouldn't you know it! I've never had a problem with MidwayUSA until today. They sent me the wrong thing. I did get the Majestic Arms locking block though. Thinking I will just wait until I get the gun updated by Ruger before I mess with the trigger and install the block then too. Probably best anyway.

To be continued....................

Brent
Old 06-22-2017, 04:44 PM
Brent

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
I received some new grips in the mail today. They're the Majestic Arms Thumbrest Grips. They feel good to me and I'm pretty confident that I won't have a recurrence of the bolt not locking open because of my thumb resting on top of the bolt lock lever.

Brent