Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-09-2017, 08:51 PM
supersharp
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
AR upper in 17HMR

I came across an Alexander Arms 17 HMR upper. I have several AR lowers that I could use this with. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this company or this upper reliability and accuracy. I would also get this without any sort of muzzle brake and I could use my Axiom suppressor with it .This looks really cool and and well made .About the only negative thing I can see is the price around $1100 .If there's another upper I should look at let me know that as well thanks in advance.
Old 06-10-2017, 02:42 PM
VASCAR2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The only real criticism I have heard about Alexander Arms is their web site does not show actual inventory which leads to extended ship times. I've read a few post which have been positive about the Alexander Arms 17 HMR which supposedly has good accuracy.

Another AR-15 upper is the Ray-Vin and there are couple of post on the 22 Mag version. I'm not sure how many of the 17 HMR model have been produced.

http://www.ray-vin.com/bmr/bmruppers.htm

There is another 17 HMR upper produced by Jard but I have never seen one in person.

http://www.jardinc.com/jard-j71-1/

Franklin Armory has a 17 WSM that gets good reviews and is step up in performance over the 17 HMR. All these uppers are on the pricey side but the AA 17 HMR mags are reasonably priced even though they are proprietary.

Last edited by VASCAR2; 06-10-2017 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06-11-2017, 04:58 PM
supersharp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VASCAR2 View Post
The only real criticism I have heard about Alexander Arms is their web site does not show actual inventory which leads to extended ship times. I've read a few post which have been positive about the Alexander Arms 17 HMR which supposedly has good accuracy.

Another AR-15 upper is the Ray-Vin and there are couple of post on the 22 Mag version. I'm not sure how many of the 17 HMR model have been produced.

http://www.ray-vin.com/bmr/bmruppers.htm

There is another 17 HMR upper produced by Jard but I have never seen one in person.

http://www.jardinc.com/jard-j71-1/

Franklin Armory has a 17 WSM that gets good reviews and is step up in performance over the 17 HMR. All these uppers are on the pricey side but the AA 17 HMR mags are reasonably priced even though they are proprietary.
I appreciate the info Jard looks good .Tomorrow I'm going to call Alexander Arms cuz I agree the website really doesn't tell you much to see if they have that upper in stock and get a little more information. I'm sure it'll be accurate my biggest concern is reliability

Old 06-11-2017, 11:42 PM
TEXAS222

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
supersharp,

I have my Ray-Vin for sale here on RFC. It is an awesome upper & I had Ray buy & install a Diamondhead hand guard which is freaking awesome also. Plus I bought extra mags.
I haven't shot it much but it will shoot 1/2 moa at 65 yards & I haven't even played with different ammos. I had a light stroke & am selling a lot of my firearms.
At RFC classifieds it's listed under RIFLES-.17 CALIBER.

Jim D---

Last edited by TEXAS222; 06-12-2017 at 12:44 AM.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:32 PM
usmc1983
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersharp View Post
I came across an Alexander Arms 17 HMR upper. I have several AR lowers that I could use this with. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this company or this upper reliability and accuracy. I would also get this without any sort of muzzle brake and I could use my Axiom suppressor with it .This looks really cool and and well made .About the only negative thing I can see is the price around $1100 .If there's another upper I should look at let me know that as well thanks in advance.
Good quality stuff, but too rich for my blood.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:47 AM
22banger

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXAS222 View Post
supersharp,

I have my Ray-Vin for sale here on RFC. It is an awesome upper & I had Ray buy & install a Diamondhead hand guard which is freaking awesome also. Plus I bought extra mags.
I haven't shot it much but it will shoot 1/2 moa at 65 yards & I haven't even played with different ammos. I had a light stroke & am selling a lot of my firearms.
At RFC classifieds it's listed under RIFLES-.17 CALIBER.

Jim D---
All the best on your health issues Texas222 Don't sellem all if you don't have to.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:38 AM
cmatera

TPC Rating: 
50% (1)
I have a Ray Vin in .17 HMR and .22 WMR. They are sweet.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:09 AM
TEXAS222

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I wish I had the health & time to play with mine more.

I thought AR 223's were fun until I shot the Ray-Vin 17, awesome fun.

Jim D---
Old 06-19-2017, 08:08 AM
cmatera

TPC Rating: 
50% (1)
Yes, you can burn through ammo quick though. I like mine.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:04 PM
supersharp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I called Alexander Arms in the lead time is approximately one month .It turns out that they have two uppers for this round .The regular version sells for around $670 and the Tactical version just under $1200 .The nice thing is they ship right to your door all 50 states.