So I've joined the club! - Page 4 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-22-2017, 11:53 PM
KnockingDiesel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Very nice rifle, what year and country of manufacture? Is it the newer model? I have a early 70s semi auto that I recently acquired. I was so impressed by the accuracy that I am looking to collect all the vintage variants bolt/semi auto clip/tube fed eventually. I'm
Old 04-29-2017, 11:11 PM
R4B1DM4U53

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks, it is German made by Anschütz with the 64 barreled action. I bought it used and am not sure about the exact year of manufacture, but it was the most recent edition that ran production several years ago.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:26 PM
R4B1DM4U53

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The Great Tuner Adventure!

I've been finding the rifle to be rather picky about ammo, but very accurate with the right load. I bought a Harrell tuner for another rifle (custom build) but it came to me un-sized. This means I need a gunsmith to bore it out for my build rifle, but it happened to fit my XXII perfectly!

Of course, I could not resist testing it out since the barrel for my build is still not here yet. I brought 4 boxes of SK Rifle Match and 1 box Center-X with me to the range and got down to business. First target shows me running through many tuner settings, following the logic of the "Hopewell Method". At the very last bull, setting H:1-19, I think I found the magic. Second target I shot several groups at this setting to confirm, and I'd call it tuned Worked around the general setting area with Center-X too, and H:1-20 and 1-19 were also good with this ammo. Last target is shooting the rifle with bare barrel, SK was shooting high 0.6's to 1" :eek so yeah, tuners definitely work.