Old 05-22-2017, 09:23 AM
wrwindsor
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmpski_1 View Post
Just signed up for another in August

One thing I did between my 2nd AQT attempt and the rest was to switch from sitting to kneeling. I don't think I lost too much stability, but I gained time. With this switch I went from leaving 4 rounds in the second mag to leaving 2 rounds in there.
Yeah, I had to do that as well.

Their sitting position has you balled up tight (elbows on the shins and all that). If you have a spare tire, it's uncomfortable to the point of being unstable.
Old 05-29-2017, 04:18 PM
Skeptic2
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
sling source

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmpski_1 View Post
I'm doing my first Appleseed in late May, and I'd like to qualify using my CZ452 MT (bolt action with iron sights). I've read that it can be challenging enough with a semi-auto.

My goal is to learn, but I'd love to qualify.

Since I have plenty of time, I'd like to get an idea of what it takes to earn the Rifleman's badge, so I can practice with my bolt action.

Those of you who've done it, what drills, timing, and distances should I practice? I'm already doing pretty well on a bench at 50 yards, but that's on a bench

Thanks!
I am determined to obtain expert with my CZ452. It is really not all that more difficult with a bolt gun. What slows me down are phase 2 and 3. I now practice dry fire and have improved my speed. If you dry fire getting into positions and magazine change, it will help.
I found a good source for the military sling they suggest at $12 http://www.ammogarand.com/
Best of luck with the qualification.