Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-09-2017, 11:34 PM
steamburn

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Henry U.S. Survival rifle

I agree. The "Survival" moniker itself is missleading, but the little AR-7 could be chosen as one of many different tools that might help somebody survive in certain situations.
As a tool, I see it as a convenient way of hurling knock down objects towards food candidates. In its instance, a slingshot or a bow and arrow or an air rifle or a .410 could be use for the same purpose.
Of all the survival tools somebody might choose to carry in the toolbox, the AR-7 being a firearm, once disasembled and inside a person's backpack, is not consider in many places to be a concealed weapon, so it has the adventage, for a person without a ccw permit, over other types of firearms.
Other consideration are weight and volume. In both cases, the AR-7 excels.
Many experts are of the opinion that a shotgun would be the best choice (I'm partial towards a 20 gauge single shot in that case) and others recommend a .22 lr pistol due to its concealability.
Presently, I have set up a Buck Mark for that mission already, but as I write this words, having in mind your suggestion of the shotgun, I'm starting to think on how to mod a H&R 20g that hasn't seen the light of day in years for the purpose of "survival" and that will fit inside a backpack unobtrusively.
While we dream future scenarios and get prepared for them, we pray that we'll never have to use the tools that we put together for survival into a true survival situation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by steamburn; 04-10-2017 at 12:02 AM.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:14 PM
GeneS
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
steamburn, PM sent. Thanks.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:26 PM
steamburn

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
GeneS,
Here more pics for you:
Notice how the bolt is not in line with the simetry of the action

Old 04-15-2017, 07:39 PM
GeneS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Great pictures steamburn and thanks! Could you please post one more showing a pic of your Stick Stock showing the top of it that attaches to the receiver to know where to cut? Thanks much!
Old 04-20-2017, 10:37 PM
steamburn

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
GeneS,
Here are pics that u asked. Notice that the cross cuts have an angle that matches the action once installed.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:55 AM
guitslo
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have one of the old Charter Arms with the box and papers. I've had it for years. It does well for what it is.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:14 PM
GeneS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
steamburn,
Thanks so much for going to the trouble of taking those pictures for me. I really appreciate it!