Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-19-2017, 11:57 PM
Engineer
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Got my backpacker stock today and everything swapped over with ease.

For what it's worth, a soprano ukulele case fits the backpacker perfectly as long as the scope isn't too long:

Old 05-20-2017, 08:49 AM
mdauben

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
No one ever suspects the ukulele player! 🤣

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2017, 03:19 AM
FredVK
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
Got my backpacker stock today and everything swapped over with ease.

For what it's worth, a soprano ukulele case fits the backpacker perfectly as long as the scope isn't too long:
Thanks, I was wondering what I was going to put it in. Also got mine, the barrel and receiver fit perfectly. Whoever thought of this is a genius.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:44 PM
SWUtah

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
VQ barrel?

Latecomer to the thread here. I see that a couple guys asked if this stock could be used with the Volquartsen carbon fiber barrel - did that question ever get answered with certainty? I favor the VQ because of the ability to mount a scope on the cantilevered rail, instead of a red dot or reflex sight using the Magpul optic adapter. I'd plan to use QD rings. My current setup, using a scope mounted on the rail on the receiver, doesn't hold zero satisfactorily when taking apart and reassembling.

Thanks!
Old 05-25-2017, 10:42 PM
comfisherman

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Send a message via AIM to comfisherman
Yes

It fits a bull barrel readily, some photos with one floating around shot show.
Old Yesterday, 03:18 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullpup-one View Post
Knilc,

Using the 10/22TD X22 hunter.stock and love it. The only positive I see in the backpacker is that it is lighter.

BP-1
(Sorry about the late reply. I saw how many pages it had and thought I'd just drop my $.02 and nobody would respond.)

I like Magpul's stuff but my wallet sometimes doesn't, like when I had to buy a Mossberg 590 Action Tube ($75) and the "proper" AT Nut ($15) to make the MOE Forend ($30) fit. But anyway ...

I'm torn between the Hunter & the Backpacker, but that decision will have to wait. I wish I could have both, but it's not fiscally responsible for me to do that. I would love to own another TD and have both stocks, but for all that I might as well buy a non-TD 10/22 & get the not-TD Hunter stock. But like I've said (elsewhere on these forums), a stock is not a priority for me.

BTW, I don't see the weight of rifle in the Hunter being an issue for me because I wanna mount a bipod anyway.
Old Yesterday, 03:44 PM
weblance

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knilc View Post

I like Magpul's stuff but my wallet sometimes doesn't
I agree... but... one nice thing about anything Magpul, its excellent, well thought out gear, and made from the best materials possible. It also works perfectly. IF your life depends on it, it will get you through.

I recently got slings, and mounts, for 3 rifles. I chose Magpul because I didn't want an expensive rifle hanging on a cheap sling, or mount, and run the risk of something breaking, or coming apart. It could cost the destruction of the rifle, or worse yet, your life. I know that sounds dramatic, but I have peace of mind because I know I can trust Magpul.

I ordered the X-22 Backpacker stock, and optics mount. My tracking numbers show delivery this coming Wednesday. I have a Burris FF III waiting for it. Should be a great combo.