Kidd Silencerco threading options - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-19-2017, 02:56 PM
triggerjerk

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Wouldn't the sico 1/2X28 to sico-spec 1/2X28 adapter work?

https://www.store.silencerco.com/col...ant=1107308244

I am also considering a Kidd for a Mask and Warlock II . . .

Just an update. I got the kidd out with the mask yesterday.
It threads on just fine. The mask manual says that it can be used on threads .4 to .6 inches long but that .4 is optimal.
I had no problems. Yes, there is a little bit of carbon that gets on the threads. But honestly I think some could have migrated to the threads under the cap while shooting unsuppressed.
Also, the can did not affect accuracy much if at all. Certainly not on CCI SV. It had a slight increase with Fed Game King and HV Match but it was so slight it could have been me.

Here is a pic. The gap you are seeing is from the chamfer on the barrel, not failure to seat the can on the threads all the way.

No, it isn't a sico can but it hopefully someone will find this useful. When my Warlock gets out of jail I will try to update.
Also, I expected more db reduction with an 18" barrel and high velocity ammo. Kinda lackluster. You really need to use standard velocity to get whisper quiet.

Last edited by triggerjerk; 01-31-2017 at 08:46 AM.