Fiocchi HM2 ?? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:26 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Fiocchi HM2 ??

I was on ammoseek checking for HM2 ammo and there was a listing for Fiocchi 20-grain 17HM2 ammo from Bud's Gunshop. I've never heard of this ammo before & started to check it out. An online Varminter.com article has a mention of it as a possible future release. I could not determine the date of the varminter.com article and I know that publication has something of a checkered history.

Anyway, I went online to Bud's & proceeded to place an order. An order of a brick (10 boxes) showed out of stock, but an order for 6 boxes was accepted. I called Bud's to confirm that this stuff really did exist, and they said it does. I also asked if it was really 17HM2 and not 17PMC or 17 Aguila or 17HMR and the rep said it was definitely 17HM2. I went ahead and placed the order for 6 boxes at $12.70/box, pretty pricey. Bud's item # 34178.

I still don't know if this is something new, or just the last of some ancient leftovers.

Last edited by SWUtah; 03-17-2017 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:13 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You must have bought their last 6 boxes because now it says out of stock. I'd assume this is old stock they ran across on a shelf somewhere, but I don't know that for sure. Let us know how it goes once you have it in hand

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shoot....what a ride!"
Old 03-17-2017, 12:28 PM
Glass37
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bet it is not 17m2. Never heard of Fiochi 17m2, but it would be great if it is new production. Eagerly awaiting the arrival of ??? A 17 Aguila type bullet in an actual 17m2 case might be great for squirrel.

Old 03-17-2017, 12:44 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass37 View Post
Bet it is not 17m2. Never heard of Fiochi 17m2, but it would be great if it is new production. Eagerly awaiting the arrival of ??? A 17 Aguila type bullet in an actual 17m2 case might be great for squirrel.
My hope as well. Squirrel and cottontails. Also hope I can get a refund if it is not HM2. Coming from Bud's, it does come with the 'Norton Shipping Guarantee', which is supposed to give you $1000 protection that your purchase will be completed as advertised.

I'll update when (& if?) it does arrive as HM2, as promised.
Old 03-17-2017, 04:14 PM
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWUtah View Post
I'll update when (& if?) it does arrive as HM2, as promised.
Looking forward to that. Never heard of Fiocchi offering a Mach 2 round.

≡✪≡
Old 03-17-2017, 04:25 PM
454ho

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
A quick search found this thread from 2006 - http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...hlight=fiocchi

My bet is 11 year old stock.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:26 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 454ho View Post
A quick search found this thread from 2006 - http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...hlight=fiocchi

My bet is 11 year old stock.
I'm betting you're right. I will check the first box very carefully for split necks. Hopefully Bud's will take them all back if the first box has a bunch of splits.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:25 AM
454ho

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
Please post some pictures when you receive it. Also any lot code info you find on the boxes. I've never had any Fiocchi ammo of any kind, but surely there is a way to determine when it was manufactured.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:54 AM
razerface
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I buy new old stock remington from a local gun shop every couple months or so. It comes out of some distant mystical warehouse that apparently has no idea what they have in stock.

Don't forget to post pics.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:04 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by razerface View Post
I buy new old stock remington from a local gun shop every couple months or so. It comes out of some distant mystical warehouse that apparently has no idea what they have in stock.

Don't forget to post pics.
And, better not clue them in, either. The Fiocchi is scheduled to arrive Wed.

UPS screwed the pooch on this delivery and the Fiocchi is some distance from where it was supposed to be today (my house!). Hopefully they will get it here tomorrow (Thurs 3/23). Most anxious to get a look at it.

Last edited by SWUtah; Today at 10:52 PM. Reason: delivery screwup
Old 03-20-2017, 09:42 PM
redfox69

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
i have close to a 1000 rounds of pmc 17m2 20 grn fmj. It won't even feed in my savage bolt action. Bullet went right through the ground squirrels. I wasn't even sure that I had hit them as they ran down their hole.
Old Yesterday, 02:00 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
17 pmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox69 View Post
i have close to a 1000 rounds of pmc 17m2 20 grn fmj. It won't even feed in my savage bolt action. Bullet went right through the ground squirrels. I wasn't even sure that I had hit them as they ran down their hole.
That ammo isn't 17HM2, it's Korean 17PMC. That's why it won't feed. It just so happens that 17PMC (AKA 17 Aguila) can be safely fired in an 17HM2 chamber. The converse is NOT true, you can't use 17HM2 ammo in an 17 PMC rifle or 17 Aguila rifle. 17PMC/Aguila rifles are pretty rare to begin with, I know I've never seen one. Did you buy that ammo at UN Ammo, they've been pushing it for quite a while (at an inflated price, I might add).

Get yourself some Hornady 17HM2 ammo and compare it side by side with the 17PMC and you can easily see that they're not even the same cartridge case.

Last edited by SWUtah; Yesterday at 08:58 AM.
Old Yesterday, 05:58 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox69 View Post
Totally different cartridges

.17 PMC on left and .17hm2 on right

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shoot....what a ride!"