Titan 10/22 stock - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-31-2017, 09:19 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I am ordering a Titan stock for my custom 10/22 and was looking for some advice from some of the people who own one already. First off I will be using a Vortex Diamondback 4-12 scope w/ medium height rings. Was wondering if I should order the riser also or if the comb height is high enough without it. I know everyone is different, just looking for a general consensus as I have never seen one of these stocks aside from pictures. Also any other advice anyone has on things like the bedding (certain adjustments) or any other tips that I may need to know. As always thank you for any advice.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:40 PM
Rick67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Speaking of cheekpads I really like GodAGrip..Installed some on my airguns..They look and feel great

The Victor stock looks extremely high quality

http://godagrip.com/cheek-pads.html
Old 01-31-2017, 09:49 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I had to install the cheek riser on my Kidd build. Vortex diamondback HP 4-16x42 with Burris xtr low rings.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:01 PM
Nick7274

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
So seems like I will probably need it then. Might as well get it, stock and riser I'll still only be into it for $194 with free shipping. Maybe I should buy a couple......
Old 01-31-2017, 11:04 PM
Nick7274

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I never heard of GodAGrip. Looks like they have some pretty decent options for some of my other stocks I've been looking for.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:10 PM
billysue
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
I am ordering a Titan stock for my custom 10/22 and was looking for some advice from some of the people who own one already. First off I will be using a Vortex Diamondback 4-12 scope w/ medium height rings. Was wondering if I should order the riser also or if the comb height is high enough without it. I know everyone is different, just looking for a general consensus as I have never seen one of these stocks aside from pictures. Also any other advice anyone has on things like the bedding (certain adjustments) or any other tips that I may need to know. As always thank you for any advice.
Nick,

What brand of action are you going to use ? I have four Titan stocks and love them. Some tweaking may be required depending on what action you use and what you will be using it for. Once you get it, feel free to e-mail me if I can help.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:20 PM
Nick7274

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm sticking with the Ruger receiver because I already had an extra one. Most everything else is Kidd, complete bolt assembly with guide rod and ext. Handle, two stage 8oz/8oz complete trigger assembly with speed lever, and buffer. And a Fedderson 18" fluted barrel.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:22 PM
Nick7274

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I definitely will if I run into any problems. Stocks aren't really my strong suit. I appreciate the offer.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:54 AM
billysue

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nick,

You mention having an extra Ruger receiver. Put your barrel into the receiver and check it to see if it is bored off center. No bolt or trigger assembly. Lay it on a flat surface and check the height of the barrel off the surface both sides. If there is a big difference then the barrel will not center up in the stock. If this is the case I would suggest that you check one of your other receivers. This won't affect the accuracy as long as it doesn't touch one side or the other. The off center drilled receivers tend to put the barrel left. I wanted you to be aware of this and to know if it happens it isn't your stock.

bill
Old 02-01-2017, 08:04 AM
Nick7274

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the info. Luckily that particular receiver is perfectly straight , at least it was with the factory barrel installed. If it is a problem I will be buying an aftermarket receiver. Kind of blew my budget though as this is the second 10/22 build within the last month. Hopefully (if needed ) I can find one at a decent price. Or I can just wait for my yearly federal "firearm " refund check to come.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:11 AM
Nick7274

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I may consider having the barrel threaded into the receiver also. I've never had one threaded before, so this may be a good opportunity to try one. Would that take care of any problems if the receiver wasn't completely straight? I've never had to bother with threading in the past, but I see a lot of people do it, must be a good reason.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:11 AM
billysue

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Firearm refund check!!!!!! I love that. Consider that one ripped off!

Later,

bill
Old 02-01-2017, 10:21 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
So seems like I will probably need it then. Might as well get it, stock and riser I'll still only be into it for $194 with free shipping. Maybe I should buy a couple......
I only had to use one of the spacers to get the proper height. So you should be fine with just one cheek kit
Old 02-01-2017, 11:08 AM
Hunter2678
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
I ordered one and ended up sending it back. Not because of quality or anything like that. Great ergos and features, however, it was too heavy for my taste and it flexed (forend) both vertically and horizontally more than I was hoping. It will need to be bedded, how much so depends on your preferences.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:31 AM
billysue

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter2678 View Post
I ordered one and ended up sending it back. Not because of quality or anything like that. Great ergos and features, however, it was too heavy for my taste and it flexed (forend) both vertically and horizontally more than I was hoping. It will need to be bedded, how much so depends on your preferences.
I currently have four Titan stocks setup for target shooting. I sure don't see how you could flex these stocks anywhere where it would count. And I say no to bedding. Not required if you get the action in down on the action rail and contacting the takedown plate on the front. JMOP!

bill