Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-26-2017, 02:14 PM
TEXAS222
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Question 10/22 lvt stock

Hello. I'm pretty new to the 10/22 & I bought a Ruger LVT. I want to buy a stock like the Tacti-Cool or Titan but I'm not sure about the barrel taper of the LVT. What stock would you recommend for a free floating barrel? Will I have to do much work on it because of the taper? Thank you,
Jim D
Old 01-26-2017, 02:20 PM
ivan

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
The Boyds Tacticool is cut for a 920 bull barrel to float... you'll have plenty of space on the LVT.

If you'll be selling off the LVT stock, send me a PM - I want one...
Old 01-26-2017, 04:46 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXAS222 View Post
Hello. I'm pretty new to the 10/22 & I bought a Ruger LVT. I want to buy a stock like the Tacti-Cool or Titan but I'm not sure about the barrel taper of the LVT. What stock would you recommend for a free floating barrel? Will I have to do much work on it because of the taper? Thank you,
Jim D
0.920" vs 0.820" at the fore end, or 0.05" gap all around isn't much. 1/16" is 0.0625", so the gap will be less than that. Assuming you're free floating the barrel, might not matter or be too noticeable. The Titan has a built-in rear hold down (held down at the trigger group), so for free floating, that might work better, unless you're adding something to anchor the receiver when using the Tacti-Cool.

Old 01-29-2017, 03:40 AM
TEXAS222

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Thanks guys & if I buy another I'll email you about the stock.
Jim D
Old 01-29-2017, 08:08 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Look through the multi page Titan thread for pics of an LVT in a Titan. I posted them of mine in that thread.
Old 01-29-2017, 08:58 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXAS222 View Post
Jim D
You made a wise decision when you purchased the LVT..but I'm confused as to why you would want to take one of the best balanced factory offerings, and throw that balance off by putting t it into a heavier stock that's made for a larger diameter barrel

I'd suggest that you leave the LVT the way it is, and go ahead and build a heavier bench type rifle if that's what you really want...I'll wager the heavy rifle will be spending time in the safe at home as you're enjoying the lighter, better handling LVT out in the field.