Feddersen barrel and Hogue overmolded stock - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-17-2017, 06:16 AM
buckweet's Avatar
buckweet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Aug 2006
Location: 
missouri
Posts: 
1,411
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Feddersen barrel and Hogue overmolded stock



Log in to see fewer ads
Why ?

Just wondered, why did Fred pick out the Hogue overmolded stock for his barrels?
I've recently started a Tennessee Ridge Runner Rifle clone.
And yes.. ordered a overmolded stock.
Seriously hopefully, that i can replicate the results that major pandemic achieved.
I did get the Nodak Spud reciver, Randy @ CPCs bolt and trigger.

Was just curious..
Anyone else?
Any thoughts on this?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-17-2017, 07:53 AM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Join Date: 
Dec 2016
Location: 
Central Ma.
Posts: 
698
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I'm pretty sure he chose it because that's what Ruger uses on their VLEH, and he just wanted to prove how accurate his barrels are without changing any other aspect of the stock gun. I'd say he was pretty successful from the results I've read about.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-17-2017, 08:31 AM
supersharp
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Apr 2013
Location: 
bleeding liberal CT.
Posts: 
417
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If it's any consolation I have a Feddersen Barrel with a Hogue overmolded stock and the accuracy is first-rate considering its a $60 stock . With the right ammo I'm getting dime-sized groups at 50 yards so I'm guessing it was maybe to keep the price down.
Reply With Quote
 
  #4  
Old 01-17-2017, 08:45 AM
buckweet's Avatar
buckweet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Aug 2006
Location: 
missouri
Posts: 
1,411
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersharp View Post
If it's any consolation I have a Feddersen Barrel with a Hogue overmolded stock and the accuracy is first-rate considering its a $60 stock . With the right ammo I'm getting dime-sized groups at 50 yards so I'm guessing it was maybe to keep the price down.
Thanks for that..
I soooooo have high hopes now
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-17-2017, 08:46 AM
buckweet's Avatar
buckweet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Aug 2006
Location: 
missouri
Posts: 
1,411
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
I'm pretty sure he chose it because that's what Ruger uses on their VLEH, and he just wanted to prove how accurate his barrels are without changing any other aspect of the stock gun. I'd say he was pretty successful from the results I've read about.
By Golly...
I had forgotten about the VLEH..
that does make sense..
Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-17-2017, 11:36 AM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Join Date: 
Dec 2016
Location: 
Central Ma.
Posts: 
698
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Anytime...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-17-2017, 04:49 PM
Empe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Mar 2008
Location: 
Pennsylvania
Posts: 
2,290
TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
My guess is that Feddersen chose a Hogue stock because it was the cheapest way to go . My Feddersen 16.25" fluted bull is mounted in a Ruger receiver and a Hogue OM stock and shoots quite well. I think that the short heavy barrels aren't as affected by the type of stock that they are mounted in.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-17-2017, 05:12 PM
buckweet's Avatar
buckweet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Aug 2006
Location: 
missouri
Posts: 
1,411
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Mr Fred Feddersen..
Replied to my email to him, asking same question.
His answer was.. the barrel fits down in the stock nice and snugg.
Less barrel vibrations..
= smaller groups.


Makes sense .
I like it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-17-2017, 06:00 PM
86c's Avatar
86c
US Air Force Veteran

Join Date: 
Jul 2014
Posts: 
1,569
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckweet View Post
Mr Fred Feddersen..
Replied to my email to him, asking same question.
His answer was.. the barrel fits down in the stock nice and snugg.
Less barrel vibrations..
= smaller groups.
That is how I like mine to fit too. Only I use factory walnut stocks. The barrels are tight, snug, in rubber lined barrel channel. Have done a TacSol DSP and a Feddersen contour DSP which had the factory barrel rubber bedded before I got the Fedd.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=645761

Going to do a third one pretty soon. Walnut carbine stock with a Ruger contour-barrel.

Last edited by 86c; 01-17-2017 at 06:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-24-2017, 08:30 AM
buckweet's Avatar
buckweet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Aug 2006
Location: 
missouri
Posts: 
1,411
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Yep...
Starting to like this Hogue overmolded stock.
Yes, it sure set the acton in their nice and tight.
Looking forward to seeing how it works.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-24-2017, 11:43 AM
SGW Gunsmith
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jan 2004
Location: 
Northwestern Wisconsin
Posts: 
12,367
TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckweet View Post
Yep...
Starting to like this Hogue overmolded stock.
Yes, it sure set the acton in their nice and tight.
Looking forward to seeing how it works.
Yes............it sure does. Barrel and action fit in these Hogues like "a ducks foot in the mud".



No ginormous moats that need to be filled with a couple of pounds of epoxy.



Free-floating barrel channel, that doesn't look overly unsightly.



Just the sort of snug fit that you don't expect, but appreciate, from a stock costing less than $100.00.



Still need a scope for this one, but by the time spring rolls around (July or August ) up here, I should be ready for some serious testing.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-24-2017, 12:05 PM
buckweet's Avatar
buckweet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Aug 2006
Location: 
missouri
Posts: 
1,411
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Your barrel channel looks a liddlebit wider than mine.
But i tweeked mine with tiny amount of sanding, left front on tip.
Yes my no dak spud reciver fits in there really tight.
And the bottom is flush with the magazine like it should be.
Imathinkin ???
Be just fine for a woods rifle.
.....
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-24-2017, 12:07 PM
buckweet's Avatar
buckweet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Aug 2006
Location: 
missouri
Posts: 
1,411
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGW Gunsmith View Post
Yes............it sure does. Barrel and action fit in these Hogues like "a ducks foot in the mud".



No ginormous moats that need to be filled with a couple of pounds of epoxy.



Free-floating barrel channel, that doesn't look overly unsightly.



Just the sort of snug fit that you don't expect, but appreciate, from a stock costing less than $100.00.



Still need a scope for this one, but by the time spring rolls around (July or August ) up here, I should be ready for some serious testing.



Good looking rifle you have there.
I think she'll shoot pretty good ..
Luepold 2x7 rimfire scope...
Would look perfect on that.
With weaver scope base and weaver low quad lock scope rings..

Last edited by buckweet; 01-24-2017 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Spelling
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-24-2017, 03:45 PM
SGW Gunsmith
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jan 2004
Location: 
Northwestern Wisconsin
Posts: 
12,367
TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
The Feddersen barrel is threaded at the muzzle, and I'm surrounded by 168 acres of hardwoods, red and white oak with maples and hazel nut bushes in the mix. This rifle is gonna make "sittin' in the woods" on a great fall day a real enjoyment.

Over the 20 years that we've been here, on this property, I've only collected the gray squirrels for the skillet, and let the solid black ones pass. Now, they're in the majority and it's rare to see a gray squirrel in these parts. But, I'm a very "politically correct deplorable" and I'm a part of the "black lives matter" crowd.


Last edited by SGW Gunsmith; 01-24-2017 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Picture added
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-24-2017, 06:27 PM
buckweet's Avatar
buckweet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Aug 2006
Location: 
missouri
Posts: 
1,411
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGW Gunsmith View Post
The Feddersen barrel is threaded at the muzzle, and I'm surrounded by 168 acres of hardwoods, red and white oak with maples and hazel nut bushes in the mix. This rifle is gonna make "sittin' in the woods" on a great fall day a real enjoyment.

Over the 20 years that we've been here, on this property, I've only collected the gray squirrels for the skillet, and let the solid black ones pass. Now, they're in the majority and it's rare to see a gray squirrel in these parts. But, I'm a very "politically correct deplorable" and I'm a part of the "black lives matter" crowd.





Ha!
I too am surrounded with hard woods.
120 here at location one.
And it butts up to 1000 acres of corp ground, public use.. but I never see anyone ?
(Good)
Should have a swell time with these rifles wondering around out there.
(Thumbsup!)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 AM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2015 RimfireCentral.com
x