Magpul Hunter x22 has arrived - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-22-2015, 05:49 AM
roamingaz
Emergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

After having a little time to look it over more the gap is still annoying and more noticeable because the tan stock with black receiver but I can live with it. So far I plan to keep it and gather the remaining parts needed for my build.
Old 08-22-2015, 01:25 PM
Tomcat21
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911clone View Post
Ok, it arrived. There is a gap at the rear of the receiver. .025 feeler gauge slides in tight.
What makes it so noticeable is that the sides are very tight. The receiver was almost a press fit on the sides. My stock is black and you really have to look for it to see it.

I bought the 3/4" riser because of the odd spot weld I prefer. Works just the way I like it.

I have an FDE stock I just got from Midway. It has a gap at the rear of the receiver, .018 feeler gauge barely fit in the gap. Slight gap is not a problem for me, have had similar gaps on factory wood stocks.

Is this the riser kit you bought for the Hunter 10/22 stock?....

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/231...ProductFinding
Old 08-22-2015, 04:06 PM
1911clone
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That's the one.

Old 08-22-2015, 05:17 PM
Tomcat21

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
That's the one.
Thanks, gotta go order a kit....
Old 08-22-2015, 05:23 PM
hydroslyder

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Any word on bedding potential?
Old 08-22-2015, 06:11 PM
skt4271

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat21 View Post
Thanks, gotta go order a kit....
I got mine from Amazon, free shipping and cheaper
Old 08-23-2015, 09:03 PM
fanninland

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skt4271 View Post
Where did you buy a riser?

The risers are the same ones used in their SGA shotgun stocks (which have been out a while) so should be readily available at many retailers.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:34 PM
blfuller

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blfuller View Post
So is there anything special about the stock attachment point to the receiver? Is it just a metal bushing similar to the factory wood or does it have a bedding type of arrangement similar to the Titan stock?
Anyone that has one in their possession know?
Old 08-24-2015, 01:00 PM
1911clone
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Originally Posted by blfuller 
So is there anything special about the stock attachment point to the receiver? Is it just a metal bushing similar to the factory wood or does it have a bedding type of arrangement similar to the Titan stock?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blfuller View Post
Anyone that has one in their possession know?
Been waiting for others to answer this. But ok, guess I'll do it.

The area where the screw goes that contacts the barrel retainer is about 3/4 " in diameter. It's the same material the stock is constructed from. Not aluminum or brass. The area around this is cut away. Lots of room for filler . The rear is supported on the back 3/4" of the sides and rear of the receiver.
The material is very stiff and mine is extremely tight. I feel that bedding is not going to be needed but I have not had it to the range yet.

My rifle was benched before the stock was replaced with very good results. I plan to bench it with the new stock and compare the before and after. Once that's completed I'll do what's needed.

My rifle was better with the barrel preloaded at the front of the forearm. I free floated it once and it didn't work for me.
I have some ideas on installing an adjustable preload device in the barrel tray if needed.

Last edited by 1911clone; 08-24-2015 at 03:18 PM.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:38 AM
blfuller

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:

The area where the screw goes that contacts the barrel retainer is about 3/4 " in diameter. It's the same material the stock is constructed from. Not aluminum or brass. The area around this is cut away. Lots of room for filler . The rear is supported on the back 3/4" of the sides and rear of the receiver.
The material is very stiff and mine is extremely tight. I feel that bedding is not going to be needed but I have not had it to the range yet.

My rifle was benched before the stock was replaced with very good results. I plan to bench it with the new stock and compare the before and after. Once that's completed I'll do what's needed.

My rifle was better with the barrel preloaded at the front of the forearm. I free floated it once and it didn't work for me.
I have some ideas on installing an adjustable preload device in the barrel tray if needed.
Thanks!
Old 08-26-2015, 11:15 PM
sgtlmj
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
This stock was designed around the Ruger, Nodak, Kidd (no rear tab), and Tacsol actions. Magpul wanted compatibility with a lot of the stuff out there, but there are just so many options for the 10/22, that they couldn't fit them all. They shot for center mass and I think they have a good hit with this stock.

Last edited by sgtlmj; 08-27-2015 at 08:48 AM.
Old 08-27-2015, 03:56 AM
Razor10/22
National Guard

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

I'd love to see some pictures.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:52 PM
wintweedie
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just received my MagPul stock I have kidd receiver, trigger group, and ultra liight bull barrel. It was a very snug fit getting it into the stock. I do not have any gap at the back of the receiver like I have seen and heard of in prior posts.

Win
Old 08-28-2015, 10:35 AM
williamwallace
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Ordered my OD Green today from dsgarms.com $132.95 free shipping. the OD Green is on backorder.. Replacing Hogue overmold. Hoping for improved stability and up a notch in accuracy
Old 08-28-2015, 03:50 PM
Desert J

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintweedie View Post
I just received my MagPul stock I have kidd receiver, trigger group, and ultra liight bull barrel. It was a very snug fit getting it into the stock. I do not have any gap at the back of the receiver like I have seen and heard of in prior posts.

Win
Love to see another washingtonian!

If possible would be great to see some pics of the snug fit with your kidd action, sounds like a great set up, how is the balance with the ultra light tube?