New TITAN 1022 Precision Rimfire Stock... - Page 65 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-01-2017, 12:59 PM
jrdoran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I have a titan stock and kidd barrel / guts, but still have factory receiver. Is there anyway I can add the rear tang to the factory receiver ?
Old 02-01-2017, 01:32 PM
billysue
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
jrdoran,

Yes there is. If you have a mill or you are real good with a drill press. There is a thread by Azguy that explains how and all the dimensions. I had a local smith do mine for me and cost $50. 00 Bucks. I think Azguy does them also.

Allow me! If you want few or no problems with fitment, I have found that the Kidd receiver on a Titan with rear hold down is the ticket. The Ruger actions I have tried and currently have in a Titan took some filing. Not a big deal if you have the patience.

bill

Last edited by billysue; 02-01-2017 at 01:34 PM. Reason: name
Old 02-01-2017, 01:34 PM
zalfmon
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdoran View Post
I have a titan stock and kidd barrel / guts, but still have factory receiver. Is there anyway I can add the rear tang to the factory receiver ?
Pretty sure that's exactly the kind of stuff "azguy" does. And if I remember correctly I think "SGW Gunsmith" just drilled a factory receiver for a rear mount.

Old 02-04-2017, 01:16 PM
billysue

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This is my new build. I plan on using it as a platform for testing barrels etc. Naming it Robert E. Lee.
[/URL]
[/URL]

Titan stock
Green Mountain barrel
Kidd 2 stage trigger
Ruger receiver
Old 02-04-2017, 05:32 PM
Hacker

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CPC can mill for a rear tang also. That's who did my LVT I have in a Titan stock.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:21 PM
Michael Victor
RFC Sponsor
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Shooting in the desert with Tac Sol:

TITAN 1022 Upgrade now!
Old 03-24-2017, 11:47 PM
milleron
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just installed my 10/22 with a Ruger receiver in my new Titan stock. I tightened the action screw to 24 in-lb. Applying the test for movement prescribed in the Titan instructions, I found absolutely none, so I didn't even install the set screw. The gun then shot a 1/2 MOA group at 25 yards with Eley Club using only a bipod with no rear bag. Is there anything to be gained by replacing the stock receiver with a Kidd and installing the Tiran rear tang?
Old 03-25-2017, 09:20 AM
braindoc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I find my hand is a little too small for the Titan stock grip. My trigger finger has to reach forward to position properly on the trigger. Any suggestions on how to bring my grip forward? Fillers, stick on types?

Thanks
braindoc
Old 03-25-2017, 07:33 PM
Jefferson

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
say billysue if you take off that part on the forend underneath can you attach something to make it available to place the stock into a Anschutz rail so that I can shoot it off a bipod Remple or do I have to get something made

Jeff
Old 03-25-2017, 08:36 PM
billysue

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
say billysue if you take off that part on the forend underneath can you attach something to make it available to place the stock into a Anschutz rail so that I can shoot it off a bipod Remple or do I have to get something made

Jeff
If I understand your question --- yes! I've never used a bipod so my knowledge is limited. Check the web site for the Titan and I believe there is a picture of one with the bipod attached. Seems like some others here have bipods on their Titan stocks.
Check in boys and help us out here. I may add one at some later time.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:15 AM
retidaho

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindoc View Post
I find my hand is a little too small for the Titan stock grip. My trigger finger has to reach forward to position properly on the trigger. Any suggestions on how to bring my grip forward? Fillers, stick on types?

Thanks
braindoc
You could try a method long distance rifle shooters use. Instead of wrapping your hand around the grip, put your thumb on the same side of the grip as the rest of your fingers.

By keeping your hand on one side of the grip, you'll have a longer reach for your trigger finger.

An illustration of how that applies to accuracy, wrap your firing hand around your other wrist, now use your index finger as if you're pressing the trigger, you can feel pressure all around your wrist, that can throw your shots at distance.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:39 PM
Michael Victor
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by retidaho View Post
You could try a method long distance rifle shooters use. Instead of wrapping your hand around the grip, put your thumb on the same side of the grip as the rest of your fingers.

By keeping your hand on one side of the grip, you'll have a longer reach for your trigger finger.

An illustration of how that applies to accuracy, wrap your firing hand around your other wrist, now use your index finger as if you're pressing the trigger, you can feel pressure all around your wrist, that can throw your shots at distance.
This is how almost all precision bolt shooter hold/shoot their rifles. It's a very good position, keeps your finger perpendicular with the trigger face with gives great consistent shot breaks.

TITAN 1022 Upgrade now!
Old 04-14-2017, 01:41 PM
Michael Victor
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Hey European 10/22 shooters-

We now have a dealer in Sweden who has a bunch of inventory. I'm not familiar with EU shipping laws but I think you should be able to order directly from him if you are in the EU.

http://www.scr.nu

Thanks!
MV

TITAN 1022 Upgrade now!
Old 04-14-2017, 06:12 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks MV
Old 04-17-2017, 08:09 PM
braindoc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The rear anchor for Kidd receiver arrived today. To remove the original rear anchor it looks like I need a 3 mm hex bit?