New TITAN 1022 Precision Rimfire Stock... - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:34 PM
HighLiner

TPC Rating: 
50% (1)

How about free shipping to forum members?
Old 07-23-2014, 08:09 AM
ronnielee54
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Looks to me like he is already knocking off $20. What more do you want?
Old 07-25-2014, 10:21 PM
Rampy
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Emergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnielee54 View Post
Looks to me like he is already knocking off $20. What more do you want?
sounds like he wants that $20 discount and free shipping

Now I'm no marketing genius and it's got to be expensive designing and producing such a new stock, but having a nicely discounted price for members of a rimfire forum that would review & get the word out about a product seems like a fair trade off with all the word of mouth & internet publicity it would generate.

But hey, $20 off is still $20 off

Old 07-25-2014, 10:25 PM
Chaser
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (73)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Take it from a Guy that's been around here quite a while..and built several dozen...it's a DEAL as is...I will have one soon.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:56 PM
Dr Heckel
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyA View Post
It looks nice and I'm tempted but, just not sure about the seam/mold line around the stock. Is there no way to get rid of that? My Tacticool weighs a little less, is rigid and doesn't have that line.

Tony
I don't think the seam line is bad at all. It definitely isn't an eyesore that immediately draws your eyes to it IMO.

Your Tacticool is a wooden stock with chunky textured paint...it's not manufactured by connecting two halves so of course it doesn't have a seam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azguy View Post
Just wanted to point out that on the higher end composite stocks, including McMillan, this mold line can exist. Unless the stock is a single color, it would be pretty hard to disguise that. Was surprised to see this line of raised material on the McMillans I have handled. It is what it is though.
My McMillan does have a mold line that is pretty visible over the entire length of the rifle. Mostly it's been sanded so it's not raised but because of the impossibility of matching both sides perfectly it is easily seen. I honestly don't think it's a big deal nor do I think the seam line on the Titan is anything to complain about.

The seam on the McMillan is most obvious on the textured portions-
Old 07-26-2014, 05:45 AM
CBF Gettysburg

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
Take it from a Guy that's been around here quite a while..and built several dozen...it's a DEAL as is...I will have one soon.
+1 on this. Michael is cutting the price on what looks to be a very interesting stock. My order was placed a week or so ago and I am waiting patiently, trying to decide which all-Kidd rifle to put into it. I think I have it narrowed down to Joe Black, my wife's heavy bull barreled rig with a single stage trigger currently in a black Hogue OM stock.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:14 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (52)
Alright, I'll temper my reply, I don't want this thread closed on my account. But my question, just as the other questions in this thread, was directed to the original poster and not you guys.

The seam does bother me, that's why I asked the question. And your opinion means no more to me than mine does to you. So...

But for your information Dr Heckel, my stock does not have chunky textured paint and I'm quite aware of how it was made.

Tony
Old 07-27-2014, 02:01 PM
zalfmon
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
FDE w/ rail (& mold line ) ordered....
Old 07-27-2014, 02:30 PM
mpolk

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
Take it from a Guy that's been around here quite a while..and built several dozen...it's a DEAL as is...I will have one soon
I went ahead and ordered one. Not quite ready to build another Kidd yet, but might as well plan ahead. I may put it on my suppressed build and save the Revolution stock for an ultra-lite build in the future.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:09 PM
austin870
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
She's not the prettiest girl at the dance but that is the most well thought out quality bedding platforms for a synthetic stock I have seen in that price range. For me crummy bedding platforms are the biggest turnoff for synthetic aftermarket 10/22 stocks.

I see a lot of people here get all pumped up about what I consider really lame stock ideas but I think this guy put a very well rounded synthetic shooting stock together for that price. I mean it is heavy but it is more a bipod supported SWAT tactical type style stock than some light folding or plinker stock type thing. Bottom looks flat enough to ride the bags or rest good.

If the seam bothers you just hit it with some 400 grit and shoot it with some camo, black etc paint. Give it that primer/matte SWAT look. They have a lot of synthetic gunstock paint options out there.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:07 PM
triggertim

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Man I got excited on seeing this and started another thread, lol. This is by far one of the nicest looking stock to come out. Its sleek without a bunch of silly curves and holes, the extra lil weight shouldn't be bad to carry around the woods which is why I'm buying it When I get the extra cash, hopefully the price stays the same for a lil bit..

Last edited by triggertim; 07-30-2014 at 05:18 PM. Reason: wording
Old 08-02-2014, 02:53 PM
McKeeBoykin
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Are there any promotional codes?
Old 08-02-2014, 03:40 PM
mpolk

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
It's a promotional price now.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:42 PM
McKeeBoykin
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I went ahead and ordered mine today anyway.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:04 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Ordered one today ,looking forward to its arrival ,

Thanks