What are these LH Anschutz stocks to? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:11 PM
US Army Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
What are these LH Anschutz stocks to?

Can anybody tell me the model these stocks would be from? 2 are maybe like a1411 Stock I am thinking? The other is bigger heavier stock, was a heavier action and barrel it seems. They are all RH action left hand stocks. I had tobuy them in a group that i wanted.

Thank you.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:10 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
These were from before Anschutz started offering true left hand actions. The top 2 are for the 64 Match rifle, just slightly different vintages. The bottom one is for the 1411 model. If you want to sell the 1411, let me know -- I have a LH fellow shooter.
Old 02-13-2017, 02:22 AM
tim slater

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
As above, Anschutz only started to make a true left-handed Match 54 in about 1980*, and these stocks are older. The uppermost and lowermost stocks are both 1960s vintage, and the middle stock is from the 1970s; there was a change from chequer in to stippling at the grip in 70/71 that identifies the rough age.

* Many of the earliest left hand Match 54s I 've seen have been hybrids between the 16 and 1800 series; 1600 barrels (I. E. marked Anschutz Modelling Match 54) and receivers, but 1800 bolts and triggers.

Old 02-13-2017, 02:43 PM
Dean2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Do you guys have any idea what a left hand stock for a 54.18 MSR would be worth. It is identical to the right hand model it came with, just reversed. I am thinking of selling my 54.18 MSR and figure it will sell a bunch better with the right hand stock on it so that would leave me a LH one to sell. Thanks.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:56 PM
Thomasconnor

TPC Rating: 
100% (57)
LH MSR Stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Do you guys have any idea what a left hand stock for a 54.18 MSR would be worth. It is identical to the right hand model it came with, just reversed. I am thinking of selling my 54.18 MSR and figure it will sell a bunch better with the right hand stock on it so that would leave me a LH one to sell. Thanks.
Dean there's no such thing as a LH MSR? Are you sure its cut for a magwell?...Tom
Old 02-17-2017, 01:25 PM
Dean2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasconnor View Post
Dean there's no such thing as a LH MSR? Are you sure its cut for a magwell?...Tom
I know, what I have is a right handed 54.18 MSR that I built a mirror image left hand stock for. Bolt is still on the right hand side but everything else is set up for a lefty, just like the stocks above. Thanks.
Old Yesterday, 10:19 AM
Thomasconnor

TPC Rating: 
100% (57)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
That's tough Dean because LH buyers may be few. On the other hand, it might be just what someone wants. I've seen LH items go quickly and I've seem them languish for years.

If it's paint quality wood perhaps $200-$400? Of course folks are suckers for nice wood. Can you post pictures?...Tom
Old Yesterday, 01:33 PM
Dean2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
As you can see it has wood that is a bit upgraded and the action screw area of the action is Devcon Bedded.