Titan stock/Kidd Barreled Action/Titan Anchor ? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-16-2017, 03:37 PM
ssds14534

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Titan stock/Kidd Barreled Action/Titan Anchor ?

I have a Titan stock on my current 10/22. I have a Kidd Barreled Action Supergrade on the way.

Both Kidd and Michael Victor said the Titan "Kidd Compatible Rear anchor" isn't required but it would lock it down better.

Before I drop $50 for the anchor has anyone done any before and after testing or have an opinion ?

What a pleasure it is to deal with these two companies.

Thanks
Old 02-16-2017, 04:02 PM
LongRange1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
so i just dropped my super grade in the titan last night with the tang that comes with the stock and its TIGHT...there is no movement at all and i didnt use the screw that goes in the tang.

i did order the bolt on tang from titan and it should be here tomorrow or saturday...im going to shoot it as is and then put the titan bolt on tang on and shoot it just to compare....honestly i doubt there is going to be any difference as tight as it is now but ill see and post back.
Old 02-16-2017, 04:02 PM
cherokeesctp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have the full blown Kidd Rifle. For me, the logic is there for it, so I want the anchor there. I would think it would be more stable and it your going the route of a complete barreled action, I don't know why you would not.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Old 02-16-2017, 04:10 PM
LongRange1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
i agree...anything that stops any movement is a plus.

also the kidd tang and the titan tang(or anchor)are totally different...they both do the same thing but they are different.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:16 PM
billysue
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You know that the Kidd anchor will not fit the Titan of course. The Titan anchor has a lot of advantages. You can remove the barreled action from the stock without scope removal because it screws in from the bottom. It also has a bigger footprint on the bottom. I would highly recommend you checking out the Stock Factory & After market section. Look for Titan. You can get a lot of information there that will address about any problem you may have.

I love my Titans and am sure you will also.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:54 PM
LongRange1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I haven't shot mine yet but the titan is a fantastic stock....also can't wait to put the Kidd to the test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2017, 09:21 AM
MarkS
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssds14534 View Post
I have a Titan stock on my current 10/22. I have a Kidd Barreled Action Supergrade on the way.

Both Kidd and Michael Victor said the Titan "Kidd Compatible Rear anchor" isn't required but it would lock it down better.

Before I drop $50 for the anchor has anyone done any before and after testing or have an opinion ?

What a pleasure it is to deal with these two companies.

Thanks
GET the TITAN anchor, it is the way to go. I did the same as you. I had the Titan stock on a current 10-22. I go the Titan anchor and dropped the Kidd Super grade into the Titan. Best setup for a Kidd IMO.

Mark
Old 02-17-2017, 09:47 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I just picked up my Titan stock recently and absolutely love it. I'm using a Ruger receiver so I have no use for the rear anchor block. If I did have it I don't think it would make much of a difference as the action is already very solid in the stock. But if you have the Kidd rear tang I guess it can't hurt to use it.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:50 PM
ssds14534

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
OK I ordered it. This will get me another 100 yards of accuracy right ? LOL

Thanks for the responses !
Old 02-17-2017, 03:22 PM
LongRange1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
closer to 150yds LOL!!
Old 02-18-2017, 03:19 PM
LongRange1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
FYI...i did not shoot with and without the bolt on anchor today...i got my anchor yesterday and installed it...i may test with and without later this year when i get bored...if i get bored...lotta matches this year.