The Keystone Arms 722 Thread - Page 13 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-01-2016, 08:09 AM
rfd
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

i've been interested in the 722 varmint, too (sans scope and bipod, i can do better for both). the issue with the firing pin is of concern, for sure. the fore stock "bedding" is a moot point as i'd free float the barrel, which is what i'd recommend over bedding and far easier/quicker to accomplish with excellent results. i might still pick up a 722v ... gotta see/hear more about the bolt issue.
Old 11-21-2016, 12:23 PM
howl
GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
How about some pictures of the action while out of the stock? Thanks in advance!
Old 02-13-2017, 01:42 PM
Cryptoman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Gen 2?

I see there is a "Gen 2 Model 722 Compact" listed on Bud's now (https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...s_id/719014307). It has a 16.25" barrel with what appears to be a longer sight radius than the Classic with the 20" barrel. I wonder what if any action differences there are with the other 722 models as originally introduced. I might give them a call to inquire.

Edit: I spoke with KSA this afternoon. Nice folks. I was told that there are two 722 compact models, 20410 and 20411. One has a checkered stock while the other doesn't. I believe he said the checkered version was 20410, which would make the picture on Bud's incorrect. Aside from barrel length, the other differences from the full-size models are a plain front sight (rather than day-glow) and only 5 coats of finish rather than 9. Wood underneath is the same.

I also asked about receiver (peep) sights, but the gentleman said that he didn't know of a drop-in solution. Is there someone with a 722 who could measure the receiver diameter? Thanks.

Last edited by Cryptoman; 02-13-2017 at 04:36 PM.

Old 02-13-2017, 04:24 PM
LeonardS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptoman View Post
I see there is a "Gen 2 Model 722 Compact" listed on Bud's now (https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...s_id/719014307). It has a 16.25" barrel with what appears to be a longer sight radius than the Classic with the 20" barrel. I wonder what if any action differences there are with the other 722 models as originally introduced. I might give them a call to inquire.
It's only a 12 3/8" LOP, so I'm guessing they set it up as a youth rifle.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:34 AM
R4MMER
RFC Sponsor
US Army

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
LeonardS, you are correct. The "Crickett Compact 722" is designed with 12 3/8" LOP and a 16.25" barrel. We felt that we missed a step going from the Crickett to the full size 722. This would be designed for the shooter that has outgrown the crickett but not yet big enough for a full size. Also for smaller framed shooters (like myself).

Personally I really like the Compact but I am one of those smaller frame persons and I like a light rifle to carry around the woods all day.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:39 AM
LeonardS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
R4MMER, are you still working on 722's in 22wmr and 17hmr? When I called last August, they said I would see them by Christmas.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:59 PM
a-super

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
new guy om the block

Ok guys,im new here and need some advice. I am very interested in the new keystone 722. I have read your concerns and results but before I make the investment I would like to know more about the company the warranty that they offer with the rifles. I am understanding they have been in business for 20 plus years now and you all have had good luck with the service after the sale that they have. I would like some opinions on the product they offer from you all if you would be kind enough to give a minute or so of your time. and is there some one at the company I can talk to that will take the time and answer any questions I might have. I have dealt with other rifle manufacturers before and (if) you are able to talk to someone it is short and to the point.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:30 PM
LeonardS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by a-super View Post
Ok guys,im new here and need some advice. I am very interested in the new keystone 722. I have read your concerns and results but before I make the investment I would like to know more about the company the warranty that they offer with the rifles. I am understanding they have been in business for 20 plus years now and you all have had good luck with the service after the sale that they have. I would like some opinions on the product they offer from you all if you would be kind enough to give a minute or so of your time. and is there some one at the company I can talk to that will take the time and answer any questions I might have. I have dealt with other rifle manufacturers before and (if) you are able to talk to someone it is short and to the point.
3 posts up is the Keystone Rep on this site. Send him a PM or email and see if he can help you. Then ask about the .17hmr and .22wmr��
Old 02-17-2017, 10:38 AM
a-super

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
top notch customer service

Ok, I got to talk to the warranty guy there yesterday, He was out of the office but they gave me his cell phone # Very helpfull very nice people. I am going to make the purchase this weekend, still undecided on a model>