Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-08-2017, 11:02 AM
Gibby

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Kimber 82g parts

Fortress firearms manufacturing llc. has replacement parts for the kimber 82g. I talked to them today. Very nice people. He said he's got the aluminum loading platform. And has replacement ejector spring's being made and a bunch of other parts. If your looking for parts give them a call. (681)892-0123
Old 02-08-2017, 11:09 AM
'ol shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (109)
Welcome to RFC. The website says that the loading platform is a future project. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Link for the curious:

https://www.fortressfirearmsmanufact...8-kimber-parts
Old 02-08-2017, 11:31 AM
Gibby

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just ordered 2 today. He said it would be about a week if i wanted them Teflon coated.

Old 02-08-2017, 01:31 PM
'ol shooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (109)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
I just ordered 2 today. He said it would be about a week if i wanted them Teflon coated.
Would like to see that. Can you post a few pics and your impressions of the quality when you get them? Thanks.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:52 PM
Gibby

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Will post some pictures when i get them. I ordered the raw aluminum one's. He said the Teflon coated was black in color. He also said that the ejector post was replaceable. I imagine there like the picture of the one that's floating around on here under replacement loading platform ? I really don't know I'm new to the kimber 82g . I have 4 CZ's and anschutz 1416hb so I'm trying to learn the kimber
Old 02-08-2017, 02:39 PM
'ol shooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (109)
Sounds like they may have had one of the replacements made by member Solamar as a model. His works fine and the pin is replaceable too. He also made and sold replacement extractors and ejectors too, but is not doing either any longer. It's an interesting rifle in the respect that the action is fairly good, the price is modest, and they tend to respond well to improvements. A good rifle to tinker with.
Old 02-08-2017, 02:57 PM
RichJ
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Welcome from a fellow Michigander. Kazoo, South Haven about half way between.
I too am interested in the platforms. May I ask what they cost?

Rich
Old 02-08-2017, 03:44 PM
Gibby

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
$31 each and he said it came with extra pins and a new screw.
Old 02-08-2017, 03:52 PM
RichJ

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
$31 each and he said it came with extra pins and a new screw.
Thanks

Rich
Old 02-08-2017, 03:59 PM
Gibby

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'll try to get some pics up when i receive them. I've been along time reader of RFC first time poster. Figured I'd join the fun. Hope this info helps out some fellow shooters
Old 02-12-2017, 03:15 AM
papahound
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good news

Old 02-16-2017, 09:39 PM
Oldblades
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ol shooter View Post
Sounds like they may have had one of the replacements made by member Solamar as a model. His works fine and the pin is replaceable too. He also made and sold replacement extractors and ejectors too, but is not doing either any longer. It's an interesting rifle in the respect that the action is fairly good, the price is modest, and they tend to respond well to improvements. A good rifle to tinker with.
He was (is?) selling Kimber parts on ebay and I asked him about the loading platforms. Ebay name is ' ffm-llc ' .
This was Oct 2015 and at that time he was trying to raise the front money for production of the platforms. He mentioned it was a pretty good chunk of change to get it off the ground. He also had no idea who Matt (Solamar) was though, so it sounds like his own gig. Nice guy.
Its good to see that he finally has some coming out now.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:03 PM
Gibby

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Guys I'm still waiting on the loading platform i ordered on the 8th of February from fortress firearms manufacturing. Ever time i call him he says i think they shipping. He did cash me money order.. anybody even order anything for him before.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:35 PM
PWNolan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Guys I'm still waiting on the loading platform i ordered on the 8th of February from fortress firearms manufacturing. Ever time i call him he says i think they shipping. He did cash me money order.. anybody even order anything for him before.
I bought a stock and some other parts from him on GB. I won't go into details but I'll just say it was a less than pleasant experience.

Old 03-17-2017, 05:19 PM
Gibby

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
finally got the loading platform from fortress firearms manufacturing. The one's I got was not a drop in fit I had to hand fit them there a little over sized. The one on the left needed about 12 thousands removed from the flats to get the bolt to close. Then I had to widen the channel near the chamber a little bit so the rim of the case wouldn't rub. I took my time and removed a little at a time till everything was smooth. and the new screws he provided was course thread not fine thread so i just use the original screw till i can get the right one and I like shiny things so i had to polish it up.

Last edited by Gibby; 03-17-2017 at 05:33 PM.