New FX Streamline - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-14-2017, 01:44 PM
fredcdobbs
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
New FX Streamline

After trying a Benjamin Marauder with a really heavy notchy bolt throw, I returned it and opted for a Swedish made FX Streamline synthetic. Couldn't be happier. The build, fit and finish is wonderful and the supplied test target is about all you could hope for. Mounted a Mueller 4-16x scope with Warne rings into adapters as it comes with an non Weaver style base.
No shooting yet but the side pull cocking lever is smooth and very light compared to the Marauder.
Marauder is a good gun for the money but that bolt was impossible with arthritic hands.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04039.JPG (356.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0837.JPG (58.8 KB, 132 views)

Last edited by fredcdobbs; 02-14-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:30 PM
plinker4life
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Love mine in .22 so far.
IMG_1717.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2017, 08:39 PM
maxiball

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Gee and only $999.99.
If I sold ALL my a.g.'s and scopes, and ammo, and..................
I still couldn't afford it.
Darned nice though.
I'd sell most all my a.g. goodies but the used market sucks canal water.

Old 02-15-2017, 08:40 PM
fredcdobbs

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Its a beautiful gun Plink. I really want to shoot it but am going through some medical stuff that will be off the table in March. Then I'll go for it. Mines a .25. I also ordered a TKO silencer for it. What make is your "Moderator"?
I am also considering a Kral, a recently imported Turkish gun. They look like an interesting reasonably priced gun. Airgun depot and Pyramid both carry them now. Going for $500.
I like the side lever guns. Better leverage and easier cocking. The Krall is a side lever gun.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:02 PM
plinker4life

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Mine is a Huggett. You might find the TKO may be a little to small for .25 on high power. My .22 shooting on High power at 30fpe is still mouse fart quiet with the Huggett. Put on low power an I yield 137 shots at 9fpe.

Old 02-15-2017, 09:24 PM
fredcdobbs

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Thanks for the information. I've heard of them. I also had a reference for a maker named Clague. Looked on his web site. My silencer will be one inch in diameter and 6.5 inches long.
I have a DB meter app on my iPhone. A non scientific reading on C scale from the shooters position yielded 99db for the FX and 94 db for a friends Benjamin Marauder.
We shall see. My friend solves the noise issue by setting the gun up in his den and shooting out a crack in the sliding door to is back yard fence target.
Yeah, he's a single guy. heh.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:22 PM
Alter Rostig

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Fred, I take it

you ordered from Neil Clague? He does very good work and his prices are pretty reasonable. I have 2, one currently unmounted since I sold the rifle it was purchased for. I think you'll be pleased with your purchase.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:51 AM
plinker4life

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
New FX Streamline

Have not personally used a Clague. But I had one built by Anthony Storey on a Air Arms S200 that worked great. I have a couple real carbon fiber 1" mods that work pretty good on mid to low power. And a 1.25" carbon fiber made by Rocker1 on GTA. It is extremely close to the Huggett. I have found that the larger 1.25-1.5 tube sounds quieter due to sound is a lower pitch frequency wise. The 1" tubes may not be per say louder they just have a higher pitch or more of ting sound than a thud sound.

Last edited by plinker4life; 02-16-2017 at 05:53 AM.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:54 AM
fredcdobbs

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Thanks for all the info. I ordered initially from here.
http://www.tko22.com/index.html
Probably ordered from TKO because Clague failed to return an email with a question.
Anyway, it will be fun to check out the gun.
Going for radiation for prostate cancer five days a week for eight weeks. Have three weeks to go.
It doesn't take long but it does really mess with your schedule to get things done like going to the range. Local range is good in the morning but wind usually picks up at about noon. Got to go early. Next month for sure.
No matter what you hear or read. After r age 50 you need to get an annual PSA test. It can save your life.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:04 PM
plinker4life

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Fred... how does those rings clear the magazine? I used the FX nolimit mounts but have a 30mm tube on my scope. I could possibly go about .125 lower.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:01 PM
catbird

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Verrrrry in-tuh-rrresting. Let us know about the noise level when you to get to shoot it. Might want to get one myself later this year, and wondering if the larger calibers might need a sound moderator.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:47 PM
plinker4life

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
New FX Streamline

Un shrouded or unmoderated Air guns can be very loud especially with larger calibers due to larger amounts of air used. My streamline is just as loud as a .22 rimfire with shroud and moderator removed.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:04 PM
fredcdobbs

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Well, I'm new at this and that is why it's fun I plan on learning about shooting air guns.
I just wish I had access to the local dump. I do have an abiding hatred of rats and the FX seems like good rat medicine. A friend lives in semi rural Oregon and his neighbor just puts bait out at the end of his property(to be sporting) to attract the disgusting rodents and plays sniper with his air guns from his rear deck. Sounds like good entertainment.
Plink, you got me going on the scope/magazine clearance, I had failed to check that because it looked good. I measured the clearance and it's .150". Plenty of room. The objective bell of the scope is 50mm so it also needs some clearance.
I have settled on a formula for my .22 rimfire rifles. I use Warne High rings and if possible a DIP rail I like the quick release rings so I can switch the glass around and the high rings seem to handle everything but are too high for guns without Monte Carlo cheek pieces. I only have two of those stocks on a pair of 597 Remington so I get along okay on most guns. For the FX I just used a pair of Airsson 11mm to Picatiny adapters on the gun and used one of my scopes off another rifle. It works fine. There is .150" difference between Medium and High Warne rings. Medium rings might allow a magazine insertion but it would be really close. The Airsson adapters have a slot down the center of the bottom side so you can adjust to variances in 11mm rail widths.
I initially ordered a DIP rail adapter from 11mm to Picatinny with the idea of splitting it in two pieces, drilling and tapping a few new securing holes for a neater setup but their 11mm groove designed for a CZ rifle was too narrow so I had to go to the Airssons.
The adapters are .330 from the top of the 11mm rail to the top of the adapter. The bottom of the scope rings to the mount spec at .525. So the bottom of the scope is approximately .855 above the top of the 11mm rail. All is good but it doesn't look as good as a modified DIP rail would.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0841.JPG (236.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0843.JPG (129.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0844.JPG (374.3 KB, 12 views)
Old 02-17-2017, 07:01 PM
fredcdobbs

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Plinker4life. Can you tell me your source for Huggett "Moderators" ?
I've seen some Brit vendors on line and found their web site which is not exactly informative.
Boredom is a bad thing. I ordered a Kral Puncher in .25 today. Blue/walnut. The Customer Service guy seemed to think they were quite a decent gun for the $$. Later next week, I'll find out if we have the same standards.
I really liked the looks of the nickel/walnut finish but didn't want to start hanging black accessories off of it and finding silver scopes etc is a pain. Been through that.
I hope it is a good gun.
The TKO silencer arrived today. Trouble is, rain is intense. I'll test this weekend when the weather breaks. Nicely made. I hope it works well.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:51 PM
plinker4life

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Here is a good place.

http://www.penchetta.com/store/air-g...essories.html?

But I purchased mine used off GTA.