Outstanding Volquartsen Service - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-04-2016, 06:25 PM
jgilbert
US Navy NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Outstanding Volquartsen Service

I recently purchased a new Volquartsen Scorpion pistol. Before shooting it for the first time, I took it apart to lube. In attempt to reassemble the pistol I broke the mainspring latch. I returned the pistol to the factory with a request to bill me for parts and labor. Volquartsen quickly fixed the pistol and returned it to me without charge except for shipping. Several experienced shooters at Mass. Rifle have offered to help me the next time I need to clean the gun.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:26 PM
Geo

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
They are a good company to deal with. I hope you like your new scorpion. I have several and really like them. I use mine mainly for steel challenge. Good luck with the new scorpion and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:54 PM
rak2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Great Company!

Thinking back I am a little embarrassed at the number of times I have received technical support from Volquartsen on issues that were my fault or due to an issue with parts from another manufacturer. Even on their least expensive items. Was not the least bit hesitant then to spend money on some more expensive items like a fully equipped grip frame, MKIII bolt etc. These folks have outstanding knowledge to help you understand, troubleshoot, and work through issues if they come up. I voted with $$$.

rak2

Old 04-05-2016, 05:07 PM
jgilbert
US Navy NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The scorpion is an outstanding pistol. I shoot it with an aimpoint red dot and am 30% more accurate (3 inch diameter target at 10 yds, 4 to 5 hits with 5 rounds) than with my two S and W model 41's (also with aimpoint red dots and one of which is a performance center model). The grips of the 41's are more comfortable than the hogue grips, however, the scorpion trigger is perfect.
Old 04-09-2016, 06:59 PM
tdhatl

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Excellent customer service. Knowledgeable and friendly. They just helped me with some parts to rebuild a 10/22 I am working on.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:35 PM
1022addict
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Awesome customer service. I had some fail to extract issues with my LLV Scorpion So I disassembled the bolt and found out the extractor plunger had some excessive wear. To the point it had worn a groove in it.

I emailed customer service and got a reply from Scott within a few hours telling me they would replace the parts or send them to me if I were comfortable with the install.

Can't get much better than that.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:30 PM
JimV

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You guys have had much better luck than me. I've had occasion to email them 3 or 4 times over the past few years. One concerned a VQ 10/22 trigger assembly that delivered light strikes. Scott promised to send a replacement spring. He never did and follow up emails went unanswered.

More recently I asked a technical question about my LLV Scorpion. Crickets.

VQ guns are good, but in my experience service is non-existent. I figure they either don't care about Canadian customers or else it's random chance that you'll get a reply depending on how busy or interested the person on the service desk is on any given day.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:54 AM
gfatherbob
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
VQ service

My experience with VQ service is excellent. Over the past several years, VQ has replaced or repaired 6 or more parts/assemblies. Most recently, January 2017, VQ replaced the barrel core in my Scorpion receiver. Cycle time was less than 10 business days including shipping. I am a VQ fan of their products and service.
Bob
Old 02-15-2017, 07:11 PM
jqunac

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
For me the jury is still out. I have a new Scorpion took it to the range and after adjusting the sights moved back and started hitting the plates. It was a blast and shooting it was a joy but then the bolt started locking back and I was getting many FTFs.

Back to Volquartsen went my new Scorpion. After it's return I went to the range and fired 50 rounds or so and disassembled it afterward. I see some marks where they have worked on it like a scarred up screwdriver slot and a ground edge on the extractor, things like that. Nothing major but I like putting the first marks on my $1200 gun.

Went to putting it back together and to get the receiver on the frame I had to push the muzzle hard into the table to snap them together. Ok I've seen some that go together hard but then the bolt stop pin wouldn't go in. Looking at the holes the receiver was to far back on the frame so I tapped it forward with a delrin hammer to where the pin could slide in.

I never had a Ruger so not sure if this is the procedure or not. I'd read that they could be a royal pain and that is one reason I went with Volquartsen. I'll call them tomorrow and see what they have to say but I'm not happy. Two trips back for a new $1200 gun to work right ain't making my day. If it comes back less than 100% I'm not playing footsie no more I'll want my money back.

Felt like people should know that not all customers are happy.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:19 PM
thudd3r
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jqunac View Post
Went to putting it back together and to get the receiver on the frame I had to push the muzzle hard into the table to snap them together. Ok I've seen some that go together hard but then the bolt stop pin wouldn't go in. Looking at the holes the receiver was to far back on the frame so I tapped it forward with a delrin hammer to where the pin could slide in.

I never had a Ruger so not sure if this is the procedure or not.
normal for a new ruger. and even still normal for a lightly used ruger. the mark series (at least the mark 111) take quite a bit to loosen up...especially to the point where you can simply push the upper back on without some type of "persuasion"
Old 02-15-2017, 10:33 PM
jqunac

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thudd3r View Post
normal for a new ruger. and even still normal for a lightly used ruger. the mark series (at least the mark 111) take quite a bit to loosen up...especially to the point where you can simply push the upper back on without some type of "persuasion"
Do they have to be bumped back and forth to line up for the bolt stop pin? Or do they loosen to point the pin insertion will line them up? I expected a dead stop where the pin would line up.

I like the gun and if this is the norm I'll live with it, it just seems a bit sloppy for custom.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:34 AM
thudd3r
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jqunac View Post
Do they have to be bumped back and forth to line up for the bolt stop pin? Or do they loosen to point the pin insertion will line them up? I expected a dead stop where the pin would line up.

I like the gun and if this is the norm I'll live with it, it just seems a bit sloppy for custom.
i have never had to bump it back and forth...just more forward. seems as though i never get it on quite far enough for the bolt stop pin to clear (even when it looks lined up).

as a reference, my mark 3 has been apart around 30-40 times now and it is still too tight to put the upper on, to the point i can get the stop pin in, without some assistance
Old 02-16-2017, 07:34 AM
NighthawkT3

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I can take my Scorpion down and reassemble it with ease due to the parts fitting together so well. Everything fits together tightly but not to the point where I need to force it. As far as response times with customer service goes, I have had much better experiences with calling them directly rather than waiting for a response to my emails.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:35 PM
gfatherbob
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
easing the mk III barrel-frame assembly

I have 2 mk III grip frames, 2 Ruger barrels, and one Scorpion barrel. I interchange all the parts and some have been mated 100's of times. All the assemblies remain very tight such that they have be coaxed with a plastic hammer. I use a stand alone bolt stop pin ($7.50 from Shop Ruger) as a finger fed drift pin to align the holes. With the vertical muzzle on a secure surface, tap the grip frame while feeding the loose bolt stop pin. The pin will drift into the 2 holes when the holes align. Remove the pin and install the mainspring assembly. Hope this tip helps your assembly issues.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:22 PM
Brian10956
US Navy Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've had nothing but good experiences in my purchases with Volquartsen. I've contacted them with some concerns and they were very quick in replying