Positive compensation questions - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-28-2012, 06:21 PM
Sigdizzy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

positive compensation defined. A slow bullet impacts the target lower than than a fast bullet. To make the slow bullet hit the target a little higher or in the same hole as the fast bullet the muzzle of the rifle barrel must be lifted up just a little (up = positive) to compensate for hitting the target lower than the fast bullet.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Don Stith

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks guys.
I think I get the concept now. Figuring out how to translate that to usable application is next on my agenda.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:41 AM
beercansnipe

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I wanna learn!

Earnest it seems you know a lot about calculating this stuff.

where o where might a man learn these things?

I really would like to know how to determine what my barrel is doing, where do i read more?

Old 05-29-2012, 05:36 AM
mkane

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Varmint Al's webside for starters.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:01 AM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beercansnipe View Post
Earnest it seems you know a lot about calculating this stuff.

where o where might a man learn these things?

I really would like to know how to determine what my barrel is doing, where do i read more?
varmint al's along with border barrels site..along with grover niles, husker and vibe who post on this site. those are the fellows that know the technical stuff. from those fellows telling all of us how and why things work. then for me it's a matter of testing and asking more questions...
Old 02-15-2017, 12:39 PM
Brian_K

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hey ho, lot of water passed under the bridge since my original post. Not had any contact with Geoff for some time, sold his barrel making business (great shame), writing books and wandering around the world guided by the stars as I understand it.

What I will say, is in the intervening years the best rifle I have owned was a Hall action with a Broughton barrel shooting R50 and built by Brian Volkes, make what you will of that. Even out shot one of Tony Harpers "Tack Drivers" (not by much) - which probably goes to show what a great shooter Tony is.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:54 PM
404tbang
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_K View Post
Hey ho, lot of water passed under the bridge since my original post. Not had any contact with Geoff for some time, sold his barrel making business (great shame), writing books and wandering around the world guided by the stars as I understand it.

What I will say, is in the intervening years the best rifle I have owned was a Hall action with a Broughton barrel shooting R50 and built by Brian Volkes, make what you will of that. Even out shot one of Tony Harpers "Tack Drivers" (not by much) - which probably goes to show what a great shooter Tony is.
Hey Brian, hope you're doing great! I made a post quoting you from when you originally posted, to be put on another thread. I realized I had made the post on the wrong thread, as I found it here, and also put it on the other thread. I deleted the one here, you can find it on THIS thread:

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=853617

Again, hope you're doing GREAT!

Take care,

Greg