2017 Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional "Chicken Coop Shoot" - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-18-2016, 02:16 PM
Doodaddy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
2017 Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional "Chicken Coop Shoot"

We're excited to announce the 2017 Chicken Coop Shoot! This is a match that has been shockingly successful and were hopeful to continue as such. Its a great time for fellowship and weather free shooting!

Any and all suggestions are welcome so please do not hesitate to provide feedback. We want this to be a community loved event. There are pictures of the range and previous matches at the website: http://www.teamhatchshootingfacility.com/gallery/.

Just like previous years, for those that do not attend the match I will be providing real time results on the range's site.

On February 11-12, 2017, the 2017 Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional will be hosted at Team Hatch Shooting Facility in Jonesboro, LA.

A two day tournament (NRA Registered event) with an 80 shot match for each rifle. Target and Open will be shot Saturday February 11 with Sporter on Sunday February 12. Practice will be available Friday evening February 10, 2017. Resettable targets will be utilized for this tournament. Lunch will be served on Saturday and Sunday.

Entry fees will be $25 for the first rifle, $25 for the second, & $15 for the third rifle.

Registration can be sent to:

Danny Hatch
365 Swanner Watts rd
Jonesboro, LA 71251

Please see the attached file for the registration form.

The range is sort of remotely located, but it is central to Little Rock to Baton Rouge and Dallas to Jackson. Just south of I-20. ~30 miles from Ruston, LA & ~37 miles from West Monroe, LA.

429 Swanner Watts rd, Jonesboro, LA 71251

For lodging, I believe that the Jimmie Davis State Park is probably the best option. It's located very near the range (5-8 miles) and is on Caney Lake. The park offers a variety of lodging options (Deluxe Cabins $120/night, Deluxe Lodges $160/night, and Traditional Camp sites.) Deluxe Cabins sleep up to 8 people with 1 queen bed, 2 bunk beds and 1 queen sofa sleeper and the Deluxe Lodges sleep up to 14 people with 2 double beds, 4 bunk beds and 1 queen sofa sleeper. This has been spoken very highly of from several shooters. If some coordination can be made between a group of shooters, lodging can be very inexpensive.

Park site:
http://www.crt.state.la.us/louisiana...is-state-park/

Floor Plan and images:
http://www.crt.state.la.us/louisiana...accommodations

Standard hotel options are below.
Jonesboro, LA Sleep Inn:
https://www.choicehotels.com/louisia...n-hotels/la279

Ruston, LA Lodging:
http://hotelguides.com/louisiana/ruston-la-hotels.html

West Monroe, LA Lodging:
http://hotelguides.com/louisiana/wes...la-hotels.html

Questions, concerns, comments, ideas, suggestions all can be sent to me here, RFC, or email: [email protected] or my cell at 318-237-6353. Please contact me or see http://www.teamhatchshootingfacility.com for anything you may need.

Last edited by Doodaddy; 11-18-2016 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-19-2016, 02:30 PM
acorneau

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

Old 11-19-2016, 07:57 PM
Doodaddy

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by acorneau View Post

I think you're really going to like the match. Bring plenty of pellets. This place really lets you burn right through them.

Old 02-07-2017, 02:56 PM
Doodaddy

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
The week is upon us! If you are still on the fence about coming out, do it anyway!

SHOW UP AND SHOOT!!
Old 02-07-2017, 04:21 PM
IHMSA80x80
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I would love to be there but I can't. You guys have a great time!

≡✪≡
Old 02-07-2017, 04:32 PM
Doodaddy

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHMSA80x80 View Post
I would love to be there but I can't. You guys have a great time!
I've really toyed with the idea of live streaming the match, but I'm not sure there is a demand for it other than to scratch a nerdy itch of mine.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:09 AM
Doodaddy

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
We had our biggest group yet and we've grown each year! There many new faces this year and that's just as exciting as the familiar ones. We hope to continue putting all we can in the match and are very appreciative of all that are willing to make the trip.

A big thank you to acorneau for providing most of the pictures. I'm still working on getting that video out.

Mike Turner over at www.benchreststocks.com provided the trophies and they are always top notch!

As always match scores and pictures are on the site. www.teamhatchshootingfacility.com

Last edited by Doodaddy; 02-14-2017 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-14-2017, 04:51 PM
IHMSA80x80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Great crowd, nice pictures. Sure wish I could have been there.

≡✪≡
Old 02-14-2017, 06:10 PM
HuskerP7M8

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Hey Garrin,

I agree with Dean. Looks like a good crowd and everyone likes pictures. Love those trophies! Job well done!

As you know, I was just down the road from you this last weekend shooting an ARA match at the Swamp. I thought of driving over there for a couple of hours and saying hi, but it was impossible to find the time.
Even with the time I'm not sure I could have managed it. Over 30 hours of driving to get to the match and return home to Nebraska left me spent, and any more seat time might have killed me! LOL

Landy
Old 02-14-2017, 06:39 PM
acorneau

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
You missed a great match.

I believe we had 26 shooters so there are a few that didn't make it in the group picture.

One lady not in the picture, Carrie Clever, shot two relays on Saturday in order to get all three matches/rifles shot that day because she had to drive back to Atlanta Sunday morning. She shot 220 shots for score in one day! Actually, 222 shots because she and I had a two-shot shoot-off for first place in AA Target Rifle. What a trooper!

Last edited by acorneau; 02-14-2017 at 06:43 PM.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:48 AM
teetertotter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Gee......What a nice group with loads of fun at the same time. It is nice to see the pictures and a really nice shooting chicken coop.

I see some had white shooting vests with a turkey on the back. Are they for sale and of what material? I'm not a professional shooter, and just need the pockets that I have on my current nylon vest. Having the Turkey on the back is a bonus.

I wish we had that size group up here for our SB Silhouette.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:42 AM
Doodaddy

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Eventually work might calm down enough for me to piece together the video footage, but the week has been rough so far. I suppose there isn't any hurry since it's really supposed to be promotional for 2018, but I hate sitting on tasks long.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:44 AM
Doodaddy

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerP7M8 View Post
Hey Garrin,

I agree with Dean. Looks like a good crowd and everyone likes pictures. Love those trophies! Job well done!

As you know, I was just down the road from you this last weekend shooting an ARA match at the Swamp. I thought of driving over there for a couple of hours and saying hi, but it was impossible to find the time.
Even with the time I'm not sure I could have managed it. Over 30 hours of driving to get to the match and return home to Nebraska left me spent, and any more seat time might have killed me! LOL

Landy
I halfway expected you to, but I knew time and distance weren't on our side. I see you shot pretty well over at the Swamp despite not having your good ammo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetertotter View Post
Gee......What a nice group with loads of fun at the same time. It is nice to see the pictures and a really nice shooting chicken coop.

I see some had white shooting vests with a turkey on the back. Are they for sale and of what material? I'm not a professional shooter, and just need the pockets that I have on my current nylon vest. Having the Turkey on the back is a bonus.

I wish we had that size group up here for our SB Silhouette.
These vests offer more than pockets and a bit more padding/rigidity than the nylon vests. I'm one of the few shooters that don't shoot with one and it's simply because I haven't gotten to the point where I think that investment is worth it yet. After my new build is done, I guess that's the only next step.

Nearly all of the leather silhouette vests come from here:

http://www.hardscrabblemountain.com/...lhouette-vests