Titan 10/22 stock - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:36 AM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbowhnter View Post
I only had to use one of the spacers to get the proper height. So you should be fine with just one cheek kit
I guess this depends on a persons build. I'm 6-2" tall and have no need for a riser. The way I shoot for accuracy is to only faintly touch the stock with my cheek. I have found that pressure there or too much pressure on the stock butt with open up your groups. JMHO!

bill
Old 02-01-2017, 10:37 AM
ncbowhnter

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by billysue View Post
I currently have four Titan stocks setup for target shooting. I sure don't see how you could flex these stocks anywhere where it would count. And I say no to bedding. Not required if you get the action in down on the action rail and contacting the takedown plate on the front. JMOP!

bill
I completely agree with this
Old 02-01-2017, 10:47 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Thank you, these are the types of answers I was looking for. I'm only barely 5'8" so I'm going to order the cheek rest. If not needed I will send it back. Seems like an excellent stock for the $. I'm glad I came across it here on RFC as I was just about to order a stock from Boyd's. Nothing against them, but this seems to be exactly what I'm looking for.

Old 02-01-2017, 11:21 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
Thank you, these are the types of answers I was looking for. I'm only barely 5'8" so I'm going to order the cheek rest. If not needed I will send it back. Seems like an excellent stock for the $. I'm glad I came across it here on RFC as I was just about to order a stock from Boyd's. Nothing against them, but this seems to be exactly what I'm looking for.
I currently have 14 10/22 rifle guns. Two I use for hunting, the other sporter type I own because they stocks on them that would make a gun person salivate. All but two I refinished.

When I first got serious about building an accurate 10/22 I wanted of course a bull barrel. I spent a lot of bucks on stocks, bedding rear tanging, action anchors etc. I had them shooting pretty good. Now I have settled on the Titan stocks. When I first saw the picture of the stock back when they were first introduced I took a close critical look. With my experience with other stocks I noticed the features I had discovered to be critical to accuracy.

Here is what I wanted and found in the Titan.
Free floating barrel
Solid front anchor for the action and screw. Solid footprint.
Solid rear anchor point.
Snug action fit, snugger, is betterer
Stock ready Rear anchor.
Big rear anchor bottom footprint.
Bottom access for take down screw so I can leave my scope attached.

Notice: I do not work for nor am I associated in any way with Victor Company. You may get that impression due to my constant praises, but I'm not.
This is the first company though that I have been able to contact with problems or concerns, that the owner would get right back to me or call me.
I wish all companies operated like this.
Old 02-01-2017, 12:48 PM
Hunter2678
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Quote:
I currently have four Titan stocks setup for target shooting. I sure don't see how you could flex these stocks anywhere where it would count. And I say no to bedding. Not required if you get the action in down on the action rail and contacting the takedown plate on the front. JMOP!

bill
My receiver fit was good however, there was significant flex in the forend. That's a deal breaker for me. Even if I did remove most of the flex by bedding it was still too heavy for my tastes. A properly bedded rifle will perform better than a non-bedded rifle based on all my firsthand experiences. A rifle stock/barrel that easily flexes when I pinch it has no place in my safe regardless of hype, price, ergos, etc. My 10/22 is back in the modified sporter OEM stock (devcon bedded) that's worlds lighter and stiffer than the titan. No, it's not nearly as ergonomic or sexy as the Titan, but it's a seriously consistent and super accurate shooter. Plus it didn't cost me an extra $180..thats my take on it. My only other desire at this point would be to try a Boyds laminated "tacticool" stock as much as I despise the word "tactical"..or anything referring to it. Maybe even a CWP if they ever get their act together and post pics of their 10/22 stocks.

to each their own...

Last edited by Hunter2678; 02-01-2017 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-01-2017, 01:51 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter2678 View Post
My receiver fit was good however, there was significant flex in the forend. That's a deal breaker for me. Even if I did remove most of the flex by bedding it was still too heavy for my tastes. A properly bedded rifle will perform better than a non-bedded rifle based on all my firsthand experiences. A rifle stock/barrel that easily flexes when I pinch it has no place in my safe regardless of hype, price, ergos, etc. My 10/22 is back in the modified sporter OEM stock (devcon bedded) that's worlds lighter and stiffer than the titan. No, it's not nearly as ergonomic or sexy as the Titan, but it's a seriously consistent and super accurate shooter. Plus it didn't cost me an extra $180..thats my take on it. My only other desire at this point would be to try a Boyds laminated "tacticool" stock as much as I despise the word "tactical"..or anything referring to it. Maybe even a CWP if they ever get their act together and post pics of their 10/22 stocks.

to each their own...
I respectively disagree with you on a few points. Unless you are using a bench type unlimited stop you can get flex by pressing in the barrel up front. But that isn't where it counts on a sporter. It's how solid the action is and footprint where the stock rests on the shooting rest. Also bedding will sometimes improve accuracy if you don't have a good tight fit where it counts. I have seen many rifles that the bedding made them worse. I have a couple.
Tell you what . Go to the target sections and pick out my worst scores and beat them. And understand that some of those scores were shot with other stocks. You can bet if I had a bedded rifle 10/22, that would shoot up to my titans, I would be using them.
I'm not trying to get an argument going here. I respect your thoughts. All I'm trying to do is share my experience with some newer folks and hopefully save them the time and money I have spent.
Be well,

bill
Old 02-01-2017, 03:00 PM
PJD642
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:

bill
I've got to agree...I just assembled my Titan with a Kidd receiver, Kidd rear anchor, & Kidd LW barrel, and there is no way I could get the barrel to touch the stock without serious leverage being applied. COULD it be done? Of course. But there's no way you'd set up a shot under such circumstances and not realize what was happening.

The Titan is significantly heavier than my CWP laminate stock. That's OK with me, as the ergos are better and the Titan is going to be a dedicated bench gun anyway as soon as I decide on a scope.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:10 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJD642 View Post
I've got to agree...I just assembled my Titan with a Kidd receiver, Kidd rear anchor, & Kidd LW barrel, and there is no way I could get the barrel to touch the stock without serious leverage being applied. COULD it be done? Of course. But there's no way you'd set up a shot under such circumstances and not realize what was happening.

The Titan is significantly heavier than my CWP laminate stock. That's OK with me, as the ergos are better and the Titan is going to be a dedicated bench gun anyway as soon as I decide on a scope.
Maybe I can help you with a starting point on a scope. I use a Weaver t-36 on all but one. You can get them for around $400 or less. If you are going to shoot 50 yards, go no less than 36 power. IMHO!
Old 02-01-2017, 07:21 PM
rawhp
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Maybe I can help you with a starting point on a scope. I use a Weaver t-36 on all but one. You can get them for around $400 or less. If you are going to shoot 50 yards, go no less than 36 power. IMHO!
The nice thing about the T36 is that, although you could hit a fly on the target at 50 yards with a 18x scope, with the T36 you get to decide whether to go for a body or head shot.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:24 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawhp View Post
The nice thing about the T36 is that, although you could hit a fly on the target at 50 yards with a 18x scope, with the T36 you get to decide whether to go for a body or head shot.
LOL! True. Or the right wing or the left wing. I like to shoot the left wing off.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:38 PM
moorepower

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
If bedding makes the gun less accurate, it is done wrong, period. It does not always improve, but if done correctly, it will never make it worse.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:33 PM
Rick67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I currently have 14 10/22 rifle guns. Two I use for hunting, the other sporter type I own because they stocks on them that would make a gun person salivate. All but two I refinished.

When I first got serious about building an accurate 10/22 I wanted of course a bull barrel. I spent a lot of bucks on stocks, bedding rear tanging, action anchors etc. I had them shooting pretty good. Now I have settled on the Titan stocks. When I first saw the picture of the stock back when they were first introduced I took a close critical look. With my experience with other stocks I noticed the features I had discovered to be critical to accuracy.

Free floating barrel
Solid rear anchor point.
Stock ready Rear anchor.

Notice: I do not work for nor am I associated in any way with Victor Company. You may get that impression due to my constant praises, but I'm not.
This is the first company though that I have been able to contact with problems or concerns, that the owner would get right back to me or call me.
BillySue sir, I do not have a 10/22 but I will soon. Won one of FJ Feddersen's receivers yesterday so I am now inclined to build one. I also ordered a stainless 16" Feddersen barrel so I am halfway down the drain, lol!

Anyway, I do not have a stock yet but the Victor is really interesting. Can you use this stock offhand? I was more of a BR guy when I was still in the Philippines but I HAD been practicing incessantly due to our protracted but frequent tournaments. That was about 1.5 years ago and I want to get into the groove again.

There are myriad stocks for the 10/22 it is too mind-boggling

I am halfway getting a Vantage RS or an Altamont Cuda but the Victor Titan is like an irresistible siren calling out my name, lol!
Old 03-14-2017, 08:40 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick67 View Post
Quote:

Free floating barrel
Solid rear anchor point.
Stock ready Rear anchor.

BillySue sir, I do not have a 10/22 but I will soon. Won one of FJ Feddersen's receivers yesterday so I am now inclined to build one. I also ordered a stainless 16" Feddersen barrel so I am halfway down the drain, lol!

Anyway, I do not have a stock yet but the Victor is really interesting. Can you use this stock offhand? I was more of a BR guy when I was still in the Philippines but I HAD been practicing incessantly due to our protracted but frequent tournaments. That was about 1.5 years ago and I want to get into the groove again.

There are myriad stocks for the 10/22 it is too mind-boggling

I am halfway getting a Vantage RS or an Altamont Cuda but the Victor Titan is like an irresistible siren calling out my name, lol!

Mine is going in the Titan stock when I get my new one back.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:37 PM
rth1959rth

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Billy Sue, That's the way to "Belly up to the Bar". I like some friendly competition.

The gauntlet has been thrown, anybody in this thread going to pick it up?

Gettin' me a big 'ole bag of popcorn.

Cheers,
rth1959rth
Old 03-14-2017, 11:08 PM
Rick67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
BillySue sir, where art thou? I know the Titan stock is one malo *** but I wanna know if it is viable for offhand Thank you in advance