Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:18 AM
mac1911

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomack View Post
Thanks. I actually prefer a basic wood for a rifle stock. Also less chance of issues arising with the wood over the years.

It's fine for me, and I have small hands, too. I'll try to snap a couple of pics tonight and post.
I'm trying to figure out how that stock will look with a 18" barrel. I was thinking 20" min to get the look I'm after plus the added sight radius
Old 01-26-2017, 11:25 AM
pspencer
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just received an email from Boyds this morning - the stock I ordered is shipping I ordered the same stock as Nomak, satin walnut pro varmint. Just like Nomak, I like nice wood with no frills.

I also sent them a couple of emails - one of them asking if they could/would inlet for a Kidd rear action screw tang - nope, but at least they did answer both of my emails within a day or two.
Old 01-26-2017, 01:45 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1911 View Post
I'm trying to figure out how that stock will look with a 18" barrel. I was thinking 20" min to get the look I'm after plus the added sight radius
I think an 18 or 20 would be a nice balance. The 24 on mine is a monster (and weighs a ton). I like it, but a shorter one would probably be a little more sensible. My next build is gonna be a 16 actually. I'm getting too old for 15 lb rifles, except for benchrest.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:47 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspencer View Post
I just received an email from Boyds this morning - the stock I ordered is shipping I ordered the same stock as Nomak, satin walnut pro varmint. Just like Nomak, I like nice wood with no frills.

I also sent them a couple of emails - one of them asking if they could/would inlet for a Kidd rear action screw tang - nope, but at least they did answer both of my emails within a day or two.
That was my experience, as well. No complaints at all. Please post some pics when it arrives.
Old 01-28-2017, 04:05 PM
pspencer
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Will do Nomack, I've mostly lurked on this web site for a few years and, as you can tell from my number of posts, I'm new at this and haven't tried downloading photos yet - gotta learn sometime