Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-31-2015, 12:49 PM
Jim Pollard
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
paid a visit to the site

Back in 04 I was very active in the rimfire matches at both 25 and 50 yards. there were enough people shooting to have state teams. I looked at the site and felt a tear come to my eye. I really don't have room to talk, I got shooting IR 5050 and ARA and stopped and posting scores. I feel the beginning shooter in benchrest 22 rimfire have lost a very good place to start.
good luck in keeping the matches going
Jim
Old 02-18-2015, 10:36 PM
Ben B.

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Hi Jim! I remember you and Stan! I was "ThaiBoxer" for a while (another former hobby) and shot the RFC matches with a 10/22, then USBR at a local club, then started building up real RF BR rifles. We added IR 50/50 and RBA and I started ARA as the MD. My RFC matches declined over time. After about 4 years most of the locals got tired of chasing ammo and all the gear. I slowly wanted more action and less extreme accuracy, sold my rifles, and started shooting IDPA, IPSC and 3 gun. My kids are old enough now to be shooting .22s, which kinda got me sniffing around RFC again. Cheers!

Ben
Old 02-19-2015, 07:53 AM
graybeard

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
hello ben
I also remember you. That was a good time back then with a club of eager shooters. I remember the " bolt veris click clack' discussions. Time marches on Starting in May I will be shooting 2 ARA matches and a silhouette all benchrest a month. I am still hooked, a few more guns, to Kss to test ammo and great competive shooters. I even went to nations last year last year. Shot mid pack, but had a ball. I also shot the PSL match in St. Louis at the same time.
I rv a lot more now and the Llano group has all gone separate ways. Stan still shoots , but not benchrest.
Enjoy shooting with the kids
Jim

Old 02-19-2015, 10:41 AM
Ben B.

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
If you see Stan, tell him I said "Hello".

One good thing about the RF BR for me, is altho I sold my rifles, flags and Cowan rest, I still have about 2 cases of ammo, mostly Eley but also some SK. With .22 ammo pretty rare in the stores here, my kids are plinking with their single shots loaded with Eley black box, Biathlon, and SK match, which must not be too common!
Old 02-19-2015, 02:36 PM
Jim Pollard

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
will tell stan hello
good use of ammo
later
Old 12-31-2016, 03:14 PM
langenc
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Id love to have some of that SK Match.. Kids could shoot some Dynapoints. I have a few of them.

Too bad we arent 1500 mi closer.